ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

So i have been keeping an eye every day on are Aussie dollar in exchange for 1 us dollar and we all know how much it dropped leading up to the massive stock market crash. but as i have been watching it seems to be making the slow climb back up about 1c every day i know that's not much but it's a start.
So i though i would ask what would be the first thing on your mind to buy if are dollar shot right back up to being worth more in the us?

The First thing i would buy would probs have to be a pair of precision trucks or a new helmet plus 100 other bits and pieces off stoked!

Views: 49

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Joe said:
What about if you are wearing skins or clothes under the leathers would that stop friction burns.
Clothes under leathers are such a pain in the ass! They shift around, you sweat more, the creases dig in and form lumpy bits. Duct tape helps a bit over the top of leathers to tighten up in places but not the real McCoy.
Also any extra flab of leather on the outside creates a grab point on the tar. This pulls you over into a roll harder when you go down rather than skidding along to a stop.

Regarding the Aussie dollar going up. I've run out of stuff to buy from overseas. I went nuts when the dollar was pumping last year. My credit card is still hurting but glad I did it then.
Really Fitz hmm far enough man, welll i guess it not really that big of a problem i have just been looking at the pics of like jacko and leeso and those guys thinking dam there leathers look tight but yet again there custom maid it's really just my calf muscle area where it's a big bigger and the part below the hump because the hump is sort of curved for your back when you crouch but it still is a tiny bit loose when crouching but that shouldn't affec much aye?

ohhh dude don't remind me of what i should of bought when the dollar was at like 96c when you could buy things off stoked for the price Americans were paying hahah.
Last time I looked they were only 2 to 2 and a half grand!! I cant remember what currency it was in though. I might try and find out nw. They are sold from a strange country.....
Hahahaha probs illegal.
i was going to but then i thought, if i can get an evo for a decent price then why not? but the pagan is still the fall back board haha. sweeet, the voodoo looks pretty sweet but the new 2009 one just looks like pure sex :D hope you have fun on your new voodoo and tell us how the comet e2e construction rides for dh (:

Davie said:
stephen.mhsrider said:
karrots and hopefully an evo if it gets cheaper here in AUS :)

hey man i thought you were gonna get the drop-through pagan?
i checked it out myself today looks like a sweet board... a little wide though something like 11" maybe more.

grabbed the voodoo myself - the evo is only 260 at the moment. i bet if you buy trucks/wheels the guy will give you a pretty good discount. got myself po-tangs + biltins + comet voodoo for 290 today which is pretty awesome.
Buggy rollin will be at newtons games 09 (Si you goat fucker he is definatly in carreys "yesman" movie)

Si said:
Everyone lovers Rollerman ..... i think he is in Jim Carreys new movie 'Yesman'
buggy Rollin wouldn't even have to worry about getting run over by a car he just rolls underneath hahahah
dani - you'll have to learn to blade first.

Joe - when ur starting out, your going to fall a lot and do lots of damage to ur leathers. you don't want to spend the big $ on customs to find that you have to start taping them up after a few runs in them. also the only advantage of having thin padding (no armour) is to be more aero for racing. you want to be as well padded in the beginning as possible.
stick with what you've got for now, unless they are waaaayyy too big for you.
Yer there not even to big for me the upper body,arm length and crotch area are fine. so i will deffos be staying with them for a while that's for sure but yer that's true leigh i couldn't imagine actually landing hard with out the armour in at all.

leighgriffiths said:
dani - you'll have to learn to blade first.

Joe - when ur starting out, your going to fall a lot and do lots of damage to ur leathers. you don't want to spend the big $ on customs to find that you have to start taping them up after a few runs in them. also the only advantage of having thin padding (no armour) is to be more aero for racing. you want to be as well padded in the beginning as possible.
stick with what you've got for now, unless they are waaaayyy too big for you.
Oh yes another update from last time i had this thread going in January after this thread it dropped to like 60 cents but now it up to about 70 again slowly climbing it would be good if it stayed up for all the People on ASRA who are racing around the world in about august or when ever for when they convert there money over they get more for there buck.
70 US cents today!

Mind you when I bought my board nearly a yr ago it was around 96 lol
i bought mine at approx 98!

Jonty said:
70 US cents today!

Mind you when I bought my board nearly a yr ago it was around 96 lol

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service