ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=260778420...

I saw these helmets in another thread, does anyone know about these? they are around 200 bucks and it says they are a modified version of the aerothrust speed master helmets, they are modified to be safer.
They look pretty legit, but i dont really understand the prices? I think they are around 200 but it says 50 bucks for some reason on the actual ebay price....

Cheers

Tags: aero, helmets

Views: 2392

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i very seriously doubt that these will be any less safe than an icaro or a charlie....

they have revamped their entire helmet for dh skateboarding....

the crossection looks like theres plenty of padding there, so looks pretty safe to me... might invest in one considering how much cheaper they are than charly's and predator's...
So can anyone tell me what the price shipped to australia would be? i cant figure it out :P
bout 200
its 50 bucks shipping to aus, but i read the thread on ebay and he said he put all the money in shipping because then he doesnt have to pay out ebay to sell the item.

I bought this helmet plus a spare visor and a helmet bag for $232.66 AUD (3 May exchange rate) and got it within 3 business days. Ebay prices are just arranged so he wouldn't have to charge additional costs to cover for taxes and stuff. He promised the silverfish community a set price of $179.99 USD shipped. Helmet looks good and feels good weighing at 1 kg. It's stated that it weighs 950 grams but I added more padding coz the size I ordered is just slightly loose. It comes only in 1-sized shell and different sized pads to suit your head size. Had email conversations with David of aerothrust/skytoy...you can email him directly to order your purchases at (david@skytoy.com) and if you wanna ask a few more questions. I didn't purchase through the ebay ad. I guarantee he is legit..and he takes paypal payment so more secure for both buyer and seller.

As for safety concerns, I don't have any comparison to it aside from the 661 downhill mt.bike helmet that I have. It definitely doesn't feel as safe as the 661 (vector m4 EPS foam is 22mm while the 661 helmet EPS foam is 34mm). The fibreglass shell to both helmets does look and feel the same. Chin strap is very similar to roller blade locking system or snowboard bindings locking system. Not sure if the chin strap is up to IGSA standards since this is a new locking system applied to this type of helmets. Safely saying this is "designed" with downhill skateboarding use in mind. This is most probably safer than a half lid when bombing hills. I had a few crashes with my 661 helmet where I've hit the sides of my chin/cheek. So I could say full face helmets are safer than half lids. Should be pretty much at par with expensive brands but cheaper coz its direct from manufacturer/supplier plus no advertising/marketing/distributorship/retailing costs to cover. For this price though, I would suggest this to be used as a race helmet..if you're just starting out and trying to learn and progress, get a safer mt.bike full face. Not sure bout this helmet if its a "1-crash-goodbye-$200" type..but definitely is a good looking helmet if you wanna up your ante on looking rad.

sick review mate

looks like a solid helmet....

there 214 inc shipping i asked the guy will order mine tonight

I DO NOT recommend buying this helmet.

I received mine today and immediately after opening the packaging the helmet was defective. On first inspection the helmet strap was hanging by a thread of stitching and silicon poorly overflowing from the inner lining. Quality wise, you are able to squish the helmet in with your palms of your hands and therefore not much good on impact.
So after spending $230 on this helmet (also purchased helmet bag for added protection with shipment) it cost more $ to take it to an upholstery place in order to fix it back up again. Now I know why this helmet hasn’t achieved a CPSC certification yet.
On another note disregarding the helmet, the shipping was very slow. Excuses were made and shipped 2weeks after payment but otherwise good communication from the seller.

I ADMIT THIS HELMET LOOKS SICK! But is that what you want it for? I don’t think so, your head comes first and looks come later.

As much as I was looking forward to a new downhill helmet and particularly this one, I’m very disappointed. But I suppose one persons mistake can help others make better decisions in the future, so all I want from this is for anyone who is looking at buying a Vector m4 helmet just consider what I have reported, as an existing buyer. Cheers

you could be on your own there dude i know about 7 blokes that have bought  them including myself arrived in under a week have already had a crash in it  verry nice the owner of vector is an easy going guy send him a message he will replace it and the helmet has passed its saftey inspections and certificates i would defiantly recommend this helmet on the note of buying squished with the plams the helmet padding is not completly clipped all in when arrival so when you put your head in it it looks correctly to fit after this it can not be squished   

Coehn Oneill said:

I DO NOT recommend buying this helmet.

I received mine today and immediately after opening the packaging the helmet was defective. On first inspection the helmet strap was hanging by a thread of stitching and silicon poorly overflowing from the inner lining. Quality wise, you are able to squish the helmet in with your palms of your hands and therefore not much good on impact.
So after spending $230 on this helmet (also purchased helmet bag for added protection) it cost more $ to take it to an upholstery place in order to fix it back up again. Now I know why this helmet hasn’t achieved a CPSC certification yet.
On another note disregarding the helmet, the shipping was very slow. Excuses were made and shipped 2weeks after payment but otherwise good communication from the seller.

I ADMIT THIS HELMET LOOKS SICK! But is that what you want it for? I don’t think so, your head comes first and looks come later.

As much as I was looking forward to a new downhill helmet and particularly this one, I’m very disappointed. But I suppose one persons mistake can help others make better decisions in the future, so all I want from this is for anyone who is looking at buying a Vector m4 helmet just consider what I have reported, as an existing buyer. Cheers

Fair enough, im sure the guy is nice although i do not know him personally. And for replacing it i couldnt be bothered for the hassal of paying it to be shipped back etc etc. I hope I am out of the ordinary but what is, is. Ha

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service