ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Anybody know anything about these?

Tags: CNC, monkey, trucks

Views: 63

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

er...no....but damn they are nice.
agreed, they are a very nice truck!!
A brief mention on the fish, there's a set at maryhill apparently.

they're missing a bolt hole...
other than that they look sick!
they look oh so nice.
whats the link to the SF thread? i can't find it anywhere.
I think i just found my next pair of trucks! Thoese red ones are cool!
hahhahaha.....yeah...

i'm still thinking my next set of trucks will be smokies...and pink randals....hey, everyone loves boobs.
yeah, mine were gonna be smokies, but i think these look like a better truck.
They've got better ground clearance than smokies, so good for 'uncharted territory' so to speak.
One spherical, which will give them a more randal-esque feeling than smokies.

Looks like a higher ride height than smokies.
So better dropped-through and perhaps better on dropped boards. (depending on the setup)
either way, nice truck.
SteveC said:
...One spherical, which will give them a more randal-esque feeling than smokies...

Just a theory, but I reckon it's the bearing in the pivot that really makes the difference - removing the "sticktion" of the a regular truck's pivot pin grinding down into a piece of plastic.
gotta disagree sorry, the spherical on the kingpin does a lot more to the path the hanger actually takes.
Grab your average hanger and push it from side to side. this motion takes place when you're turning and is one of the reasons wide hangers respond slower.

hangers want to move square with the board's roll axis, but can't. Wider/looser/softer setups lead to the hanger winning a little more in it's attempts to disobey the pivot axis, instead they travel a little side-to-side - A spherical on the kingpin eliminates this almost entirely, which I wouldn't necessarily say is better, just different...
I don't disagree with what you're saying, but I guess the question is whether the rider is more likely to notice the extra smoothness which the pivot bearing provides than the increased accuracy/precision that the hanger bearing provides.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service