ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Thanks for signing up. What are your thoughts? Does the site make sense? What do you think would make the place more useful or easier to understand?

Tags: meta, ning

Views: 1249

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

All good on the iphone

Fitz said:
I can access all of the site through Vodafone, however I suppress all images because of an insanely slow download speed. Text only loads up pages quick enough to stay in touch plus you can add comments etc like you would from a PC.
Haven't bothered uploading images because of the slow rate.

bernie said:
Just discovered the Mobile Phone version of the site.

Very groovy.

Can it be set up so that we can get to view and reply to blog posts?
we could include videos too ,)

Guff said:
how about adding safety as a permanent topic where people can share their experiences and or seek advice on riding techniques crashing footbreaking leathers helmets etc ????
sites ok on hiptop (phone)
spread out and doesnt fit screen to well but at least i can see whats going on at school!!!
Great site a joy to yous. like guff said needs a safty thread to reinforce asra ethics.
All is cool.
Saftey topic is a thumbsup from me.

hey also what happen'd to the indicator that told who was online? thats was cool
Has any one had any luck submitting photos by the email link? I tried to update live from Ainslie last week but the emails got bounced.

Would be cool to send in photos live from the next race. Like twitter with pics.
Nick Threapleton said:
With photos that are uploaded, would it be possible to be able to 'tag' members in the photo similar to facebook. Say person x was tagged in a particular photo, that photo would appear in their 'my photos' slideshow on their 'my page' without them having to upload it themselves.

It's a great idea, and you're not the first to suggest it; it's one of the most popular feature requests in the Ning world. It would work great on this site. We can only hope the Ning gods decide to implement it.
Marek said:
Has any one had any luck submitting photos by the email link? I tried to update live from Ainslie last week but the emails got bounced.

Would be cool to send in photos live from the next race. Like twitter with pics.

This feature is broken in Ning when the site uses a non-Ning domain name, as we do here. There is a workaround, but it breaks the ability to uses the non-Ning domain name for email, as we also do here. So again, we wait for the Ning gods to provide a proper fix.
Come on ning gods I hope you have it sorted befor the big event
apart from that glich it's all good mr strom

Bugs said:
Marek said:

This feature is broken in Ning when the site uses a non-Ning domain name, as we do here. There is a workaround, but it breaks the ability to uses the non-Ning domain name for email, as we also do here. So again, we wait for the Ning gods to provide a proper fix.
I committed facebook suicide because of that very feature.
Your right to privacy is taken when others hold the power to name you in photo's without your consent.
I had very little interest in Facebook shortly after joining and vowed never to upload pictures of myself. After coming back to my account and visiting friends pages I found myself plastered across the net with my real name tagged in all photo's.
this is a skateboarding website, not facebook... i agree with fitz. In these sorts of open discussion forums its kinda best to be left anonymous in some ways...
Woops I don't wont to put names to faces. I just won't to get photos and vid off my phone and onto asra or charly smalltightnit skating Comunity sites . I agree fitz and jacko face book and that sort of site will take your anominity .

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service