ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Anyone had a go on one of these?

I like the combination of features and feel it would make a great allrounder, carving and downhill.

Views: 296

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My goodies have arrived, now to get home pop my speedvents onto the sucker and take it for a spin.
Jacko said:
remember stability and the wobbs are all in your mind... your legs are your suspension, turn them into springs while you ride

So your saying don't stiffen up when I'm in a tuck, I have always found a slight turn from a straight line can cure mild wobbles, but from what your saying it may just be the concentrating on the turn that does it?
speed wobbles commonly occurs when shifting weight (coming out of corners, footbraking etc.) or hitting something on the road unexpectedly. like Jacko said, "your legs are your suspension", which help smooth out those situations. i agree, wobbs are definitely a state of mind thing; not to prevent them, but to handle them. i often get wobbles, but i just don't let it get to me at the time. i just relax my legs and power on as if its all part of it.
the worst thing you can do when getting the wobs is to stand up tall and airbreak.... instead drop all your weight and use your legs as suspension...
but back to the chinook, i ride mine really really loose and when it gets up speed it gets pretty wobbly, unless i hold down one rail... in other words if its going straight its unstable but if i have even the slightest bit of pressure on one rail then it becomes stable, giving more weight onto the bushings and also using them for suspension...

kooky im gonna chuck those trucks on either the Rayne Nemesis or the Avenger, getting one of each this week
Gotta say this deck is way different from my Hairpins.
About the same width under the front foot and 1" narrower down back, however having the drops to jam your feet into in turns is awesome and seems to generate plenty of leverage. Haven't found the back end to be drifty as yet, but can imagine with a little unweighting the back could be put into a controlled drift, something to work on.

The DH trucks are a tad narrow on this deck, so they will find a new home on my PPS DK when my 190mm smokies arrive
I been using Jacksons in Canada and again last week in Sydney and it is so much fun for stand up drifting. You have so much control and one is on its way to me soon I hope. I got one on order. Thanks Jacko.....
kookyfish said:
yeah it makes sence that with the back being higher you could de-weight it easier , ..do you tend to lean forward more when riding it?

I dont find or at least I dont think I'm leaning forward, its just the natural position of having your front foot lower than your rear places more weight to the front wheels
Not sure I'm used to a flat deck. This is my 1st dropped deck, but it certainly feels comfortable on the few short runs Ive had with it

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service