Tags: decks, downhill, kebbek

Views: 721

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

cough nemesis cough lol

Kebbek and Rayne always seem to release similar board... Avenger and Revenger

Looks sick though
looks pretty cool, specs?
Pretty damn sure one of JimZ kebbek boards was cut this way before the nemesis.
But hey, filching is good for the sport.
To Nick21. - Rayne copied the Flushcut with their Demonseed. So Kebbek copied the Avenger with their Revenger, as a "revenge".

Put small wheels on the Niko D if you want it close to the ground. 83mm are definitely too big. I use 70mm grippins right now and it feels good on the board. I paid my first ride with 2 small pepperonnis on my elbow and knee (wheel bite on 83mm and loose trucks) and I also got hit by a cab for the first time with that brand new deck.... haha!

It is 1.75" longer than a Flushcut. All the details on CDS. There is a 8° angle at the front, 0° at the back. The concave is more agressive than on a Comishin.
About making the drop lower - it seems there's two complementary trends in speedboards at the moment - topmounts, and extremely low trucks like Kahalanies and Smokies.

And these complement a third trend, which is trying to rail the hard turns rather than drift them.
well it's the final board height that counts, not how it got there. (not counting truck height that's a bit different)

Basically if the board height is the same, but you bent the board rather than cut into it - the only difference will be how it feels underfoot.

as for the trend towards higher boards, this is one reason why i think drops are great, it allows you to run risers to adjust your height up and down. I've seen a few Carbon evos with smokies on half inch risers for example.
i think it depends on the corner on the day for the rider in those conditions...

not very helpful i know- but it IS true.
Indeed Kebbek is slowing on the dropthrough. With all the baseplates around, it makes the whole production much more complicated. All the Comishin this year are also underflush. So keep your dropthrough if you like riding low.
who has the niko for sale? any ideas? is it a-drain or hopkin or...?
There are only 60 or something of them. If you want one, contact Ian directly ian@kebbek.com and he will tell you where to get one in Oz (he probably knows where he sent the decks!!)
Contact Ian directly. ian@kebbek.com He will help you for sure.

The link with the original post by Pierre Gravel: http://montrealsessions.forumactif.com/materiel-f13/kebbek-niko-des...
I have just gotton the Niko Desmarais, well I should say it will arrive sometime this week anyway. http://www.daddiesboardshop.com is where I got it from, that was aonly a few days ago so dad probably has some left. Will keep ye posted on how she rides.

Peace
Dani

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service