ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

As I write there are 899 members of this website. 

Who's willing to estimate a date for the 1,000th member to join? I'm guessing March 16.

Should there be a party? It seems like a milestone.

Tags: meta

Views: 92

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

hmm, I wonder how many people already have this? I know I do and it does sound a little cheaper, would be interested in the details (i.e. what happens after one year off work, is the payment capped etc)
For those with a family, loan repayments etc this is a must, and a good move on the part of ASRA, though I'd still encourage a two tiered system if possible where you can add other debilitating illnesses to your policy and the option of extending payments beyond a year etc...
Cheers

Also re ASRA Fees, you get cheaper entry into some events throughout the year. last years Conehead cup in Canberra you saved $30 over the two days of events, which is basically your fees for the year, so not to join is un-Australian ,)

Re Benbro, I pay $42 a month for Income protection/ home loan payments for injury/ illness/ death etc,
I can pm my insurer info if you like - there was no declaration of pastime's, and covers snowboarding/ skating etc. This is a separate policy to Health Insurance
yes that would be good brad,pm me the details so we can check em out......cheers
Robbo, how do I pay for this membership? I am more than happy to support ASRA.
Cheers Bugs on a great website!
The tab up the top that says 'About ASRA' has a subtab 'Join ASRA' fill the form and pay
combined insurance, accident protection for me and my family. i got two months for dislocating my shoulder!
the good thing about this policy is you are covered for any accident excluding skydiving!
another plus is that you are covered if you go to canada, states most of europe, pretty much the world cup circuit except south america.
and they pay on top of any other compensation. no medical checks, pretty much just send em the doctors certificate,
it's good peace of mind for me, but also my wife!
Hey Henry does it cover you racing in a professional event or just general accidents? I ask this as most travel insurance will cover you for skateboarding OS but does not tend to cover any actual racing in the same way that car insurance will cover a general prang but will not cover you at NASCAR
Looks like thats now 111 full members :).
111 members is piss poor my local lawn bowls club has more members than that, all you fuckers that say you are passionate about longboarding ?Name and shame i say . How can anyone who is on this site not know what ASRA is about?
Have to agree with you there Guff. Support the Association that supports you!

Give something back 30 bucks is nothing really even for groms.

I like that recently you can not race in an ASRA event with out ASRA membership

Guff said:
111 members is piss poor my local lawn bowls club has more members than that, all you fuckers that say you are passionate about longboarding ?Name and shame i say . How can anyone who is on this site not know what ASRA is about?
yeah, i was pretty thorough about researching that, you are covered for any accident, they dont pay medical expenses as such, but you get various amounts for different injuries, if you break a bone, they pay x amount for the injury + x amount for every day you are in hospital + x amount for every day you miss out of work, it makes breaking a leg quite profitable!
if you had a smash in a race you are covered.
i thought it was a bit too good to be true at first, but my bro got it, he's a bmx dude, breaks something every year, and they looked after him pretty well, so i got it and have found them to be really good.
i have 1st day cover, and it is expensive, but not as expensive as not working for a month or two....
if i was gonna race overseas i would probably look for a supplementary travel insurance as well, cause i know hospitalisation in some countries is wicked expensive and i'm not sure medicare covers it...
I found insurance for skating overseas with not to much trouble but it is INCREDIBLY difficult to find a company who will cover you during races because it is considered a profession if there is prize money at the end. Leeso found a company in Sweden I think who would insure athletes during races but from what I remember it wasn't cheap. If you could pull this off Robbo, money would be no object.

Could you PM me those insurance details too Henry?
you could list ASRA members on the site as "Full Memeber" for paid up members and "Assosiate Member" for those who are just members of the site. I dont think you need to name and shame people as there is no shame in just wanting to brows the site and keep up to date with skating in General. A lot will pay just for the Full Member status.
It would be good to have some sort of rep rating (should not be bassed on posts) as I am noticing a lot of advice being given out by what may be very inexperianced skaters.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service