ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Anyone here from those days?

use to skate Brad's park at the showgrounds (Gosford high boys), or Hattross (behind the Golf course)... Baker St Carpark, Woodwards, Bensville, Henry Kendall High, Kincumber Drains (behind the High School - before the High School ,) concrete pools at East Gosford and on the ridge... Lisarow Skaters, Ourimbah guys?

Cheers

Views: 722

Replies to This Discussion

wasnt hattross an old fish ground or something?
a geezer i skate with called nick lyons has skated al these spots :)
Yeah, it's a fish pond now, i think it use to be a sewerage treatment plant,
I'm not the best with names, but everyone knew everyone back then, good to hear ,)

-

Hey Brad good to catch up down the ACT. We will have to head down to Syds for a long board mission soon. Hattross yeaaah! Kincumber drains is still rad. You probably skated down the original side, which was sick, Milsy and I had many skates there. That side was steeper and faster with the bowl over the drain at the end. A guy in a wheel chair hated us skating it and complained all the time then council bolted and glued big pieces of rubber down the banks. The newer side is still rad, you'll have to come up for a roll.

Baker street got smashed by so many skateboarders that place was waxed to the walls! Trolly ollies, Otto slides, wall rides, curb grinds, a quick dash thru the arcade with a choice of the stairs or down ramp... that place got a beating. Then you could head up to Mannings to pick up some sk8 gear and look thru thr sticker book. The good old days...
Hey brad. I skated at Barrows at Gosy showgrounds once. Is that you ?
I took Jamie Fletcher there with me, & he totally killed the place, he had everyone gobsmacked.
That was a rad set up you guys had.
Skated Hattroos a few time too.
Kincumber before the school.
Wyong train station turntable. Hang on that was the 70's.

Hey Jack. Nick Lyon is one of the radest skaters I know, love that dude.

Shadow. You old fart.
Hey PC,
Brad Barrows? was that his last name? ...different Brad... he went to Gosford High (I was at Lisarow) but used to skate with those guys as there were barely 10 of us skating around town back then and we had a mutual friend, so yeah, that was the place to be every Friday night after ripping through Gosford town... can't remember all the other locals... David Box, Elvis and another dude that used to pad up and get some good air on the quarter and a few others... I'm pretty sure they've all retired now though... I still drive by Hattross hoping it's decomissioned, but it would take some serious cleaning, the likes of which kids these days don't need to do with all the skateparks that have gone up... still prefer places like that though ,)

Wyong had a turntable? ,)

Anyone have a googlmaps link to the old Bensville spot? tried looking it up the otherday but got confused with all the development... ha.

PC said:
Hey brad. I skated at Barrows at Gosy showgrounds once. Is that you ?
I took Jamie Fletcher there with me, & he totally killed the place, he had everyone gobsmacked. That was a rad set up you guys had. Skated Hattroos a few time too. Kincumber before the school. Wyong train station turntable. Hang on that was the 70's.

Hey Jack. Nick Lyon is one of the radest skaters I know, love that dude.

Shadow. You old fart.

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service