ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Ok, well...

Myself, Dion and Nat were on our second run of Willy Hill this afternoon when a cop met us down the bottom. And as it turned out, he wasn't a very nice one. After telling us how stupid we are, he asked our ages and seemed delighted to find out we are all adults. He then called up another cop and proceeded to ask him how many things he could charge us with and if he could arrest us. After getting off the phone, he told us we were all under arrest and he was charging us with 'due care' (something about being reckless apparently).

Then the three of us hopped into the police car and went to the local police station. When we got there we were each individually interviewed and had our DNA, fingerprints and photos taken. Then they seized our boards, helmets, gloves, shoes, leathers, and my GoPro camera. Then after applying for bail, we were left with just our skins on sitting in separate cells until we were allowed out.

Apparently we now have a criminal record. And have to attend court late January next year.
Not sure when we get our skate gear back...but it wont be before we've been to court.

Does anyone know if this is even possible? Or are we just extremely unlucky? We've been caught on that hill before but only received a $57 fine. This has just taken it to a whole new level.

I'm a bit devastated about them taking all our stuff :( really wanted to skate this weekend haha.

Views: 435

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

punch him in the ovaries
yeah thats him... 

Oliver Dowie said:
Mr Holmes?
Here is an idea, instead of bad mouthing him give him an idea about the sport and how skaters have control while going downhill. We are doing an illegal act and it is better he be educated about what you are doing so he gives you the benefit of the doubt and you get a warning rather than a fine. This is a PUBLIC forum and bagging on cops ain't gonna help
hes not the kind of guy that would listen to someone telling him about a sport that involves illegal activity

Bozac said:
Here is an idea, instead of bad mouthing him give him an idea about the sport and how skaters have control while going downhill. We are doing an illegal act and it is better he be educated about what you are doing so he gives you the benefit of the doubt and you get a warning rather than a fine. This is a PUBLIC forum and bagging on cops ain't gonna help
soooo.
PCTDS. and im sur he has been doing shit.

Find out where the gear is, and steal it back!

I know a cop who loves shit that is against the law, reckons my skating is rad... just as long as we are riding within personal limits and not being dicks to cars, there should be more like him!

yeah when i have a talk to him ill show it from our perspective and make it sound good for us

Tim (Skittles) said:

Find out where the gear is, and steal it back!

I know a cop who loves shit that is against the law, reckons my skating is rad... just as long as we are riding within personal limits and not being dicks to cars, there should be more like him!

Don't bother. The guy is a douche clearly. No matter what you say to him it will not convince him otherwise and won't change anything now even if it did.

I would be interested to know what he says when you tell him he has illegally charged and arrested the guys. 

Whats the new saying? PCTDS?

ill explain to him clearly the ruled for us, ill print off the legal FAQ and the flyer that daily grind posted and show him

Dani said:

Don't bother. The guy is a douche clearly. No matter what you say to him it will not convince him otherwise and won't change anything now even if it did.

I would be interested to know what he says when you tell him he has illegally charged and arrested the guys. 

Whats the new saying? PCTDS?

Good luck dude, hope it goes ok.
cheers, also, if anyone want to chuck in a few tips and constructive comments just email me at Smokey_tobs@hotmail.com

Dani said:
Good luck dude, hope it goes ok.
Or. Possbly. Kidnap his daughter and pretend we are cops then get oli n shit to save her
Then he will be stuck in limbo between skating and the law and eventually kill himself

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service