ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Sydney downhill does not exist. No one skates down mountain roads. Everyone here sticks to the suburbs and local bombs. There are no good downhill runs in sydney. Everything is flat.

Please do not ask where to go skateboarding, because we dont know. We dont actually skate in sydney, we all ride scooters...

...Nek Minit

Views: 3588

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yeh jason cant make it 2mora ,but coopers comin[stoked he has a liscense],but yeh ive borrowed his go-pro so we'll definately get some footage,got his helmet with helmet mount aswell,..b-rad is out for 2moro,..
are you fellas gonna be hittin up hawke's tommorrow. if so where are you meeting and what time.
meeting 9.30/10 at the lookout carpark.
my number is 0403566666 if we're not there (which means we are late)
Right on what a sick day. Turns out Hawke's Hairpins was a sick run, was not as gnarly or fast as we thought it would be but the corners are a lot more manageable than expected! Crew was ripping to say the least... Also had a look at Megalong Valley, that place is epic... butter smooth and fast through slight sweeping corners. Fair bit out of the way but worth the drive...

Monday's session is on! Meeting at the Pie In The Sky at 9.30am... This is kind of a secret location but still very obvious, we will not post directions here, so call me on 0403566666 to find out where the session is...
Hey guys, I'm new to the site/community.

Name's Paul, I'm an up and coming photog - futurekillimagery.com (work in progress)

Just made the big move from the west coast to the big smoke.

Basically I'm looking for any downhill guys to ride with and to be in some photos I want to take for my next portfolio.

I figured this would be the best way to catch some interest.

I used to be involved with and shoot with the local freebord crew back in Perth and had recently started riding with some longboard types before i moved state.

Only been in town for 2 weeks, but I drove over (loooong drive!) and have pretty flexible work hours so am free regularly for rides.

Ideally I want to try and attempt some follow cam style shots where I personally follow on my inline board (dirtsurfer) taking photos at a fairly close proximity, focusing on speed and stuff.

I know there is some animosity towards hybrids, but I'm really interested in anything downhill and have tried and tested this method back home at speeds of around 70kph so it's something I want to work on more.

So yeah, hope to meet some new faces and shred some hills in the future.

feel free to check out my stuff and let me know what you think. It's not very action sports oriented at the moment, but i hope to change that.

cheers
monday is the next dh session, check soon for updates, if you want some city shots or a roll and a beer check out the bomb squad on thursday nights.

paulus said:
Hey guys, I'm new to the site/community.

Name's Paul, I'm an up and coming photog - futurekillimagery.com (work in progress)

Just made the big move from the west coast to the big smoke.

Basically I'm looking for any downhill guys to ride with and to be in some photos I want to take for my next portfolio.

I figured this would be the best way to catch some interest.

I used to be involved with and shoot with the local freebord crew back in Perth and had recently started riding with some longboard types before i moved state.

Only been in town for 2 weeks, but I drove over (loooong drive!) and have pretty flexible work hours so am free regularly for rides.

Ideally I want to try and attempt some follow cam style shots where I personally follow on my inline board (dirtsurfer) taking photos at a fairly close proximity, focusing on speed and stuff.

I know there is some animosity towards hybrids, but I'm really interested in anything downhill and have tried and tested this method back home at speeds of around 70kph so it's something I want to work on more.

So yeah, hope to meet some new faces and shred some hills in the future.

feel free to check out my stuff and let me know what you think. It's not very action sports oriented at the moment, but i hope to change that.

cheers
Yo dudes what a day yesterday, some of the best and tightest riding i have seen in the NSW downhill scene yet! Far out that was seriously a day to remember and a hill to hit again and again! Dudes were ripping in race-packs the whole way down the hill, mega draft train sessions and side-by side bumping through corners, was epic.
So it seems there might be a Kierra session on this thursday (or friday. not sure). Whoever is keen post up and lets get it happening, will be my last session before i go away and i got a new camera to try out.
Jason i wanna see the footage from yesterday, post that shit up!
Jacko said:
Jason lives in an internet cave you will need someone to knock on his cave door and get the footage and post it up
yeh ill have to go around there this arvo and retreive that camera and get it up tonight so stay tuned,i just cant get footage longer than 100mb loaded onto asra,so ill have to do it in two sections,had the same problem with the hawks h/p run,im still learning all this shiz/imfarknopless,...hows ya cheek today robbro?

Robbo said:
Jacko said:
Jason lives in an internet cave you will need someone to knock on his cave door and get the footage and post it up
Yeah, another great session, more fun than expected and a good hill for the visiting riders too.
Weather's looking iffy for thursday/friday, if they don't work out I'd be up for a gong session on sunday.
Ben I'll give ya a program to cut the video down to size.

Got home, took 25mins to get from car to front door, arrived to house in blackout, lay on floor in darkness for 1.5 hrs cause I couldn't walk or move. Jess got home took me to the hospital to get Xrays, verdict: Bruised cheek and bruised ego, no broken bones advised not to skate for 1-3 weeks
Robbo! Fark!
Dude, you had such a big weekend, I can't believe you doubled up with a session again monday. These young whipper schnappers are on energizers these day's. Dunno bout you but my batteries were haggard come monday.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service