ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Sydney downhill does not exist. No one skates down mountain roads. Everyone here sticks to the suburbs and local bombs. There are no good downhill runs in sydney. Everything is flat.

Please do not ask where to go skateboarding, because we dont know. We dont actually skate in sydney, we all ride scooters...

...Nek Minit

Views: 3589

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Tony "Dogseye" Hawk at it again! Hahaha!

Kanufi said:
Yes keen for this friday.
I like to have a meat pie in the morning.
Scott Poole said:
...me and my mate would love to come for a seshion with the "pros", one problem were only 14 so we dont have a way of getting there with out bus and train.

Scott, I reckon the older guys here would want to feel confident that you could survive OK on a big hill before they were willing to take you out to a big hill. The best way to prove this would be for you to show you can confidently skate a smaller hill.

It's probably best for you to wait for somebody to organise a mellow session somewhere fairly safe and traffic-free. You could watch the "pros" and get confident and develop your skills at a place where a mistake is less likely to kill or seriously injure you. Hopefully somebody will step up and organise a session like this - maybe Pump Station?

Do you have leathers and a full-face helmet? Those two things will allow you to learn faster than anything else.
hey
yeah i understand, just really love the sport and want to learn all i can now while im still young, be the next pro :D!!!
but i would love do go for a "melloo" sesh, please just let me know when the next one is, me and my mate have been trying to find out where the pump station is but no one will tell of, for good reasons. so when people are next going there let me know, cheers
an yeah i have a full face, but no leathers, working on getting them soon :D

Bugs said:
Scott Poole said:
...me and my mate would love to come for a seshion with the "pros", one problem were only 14 so we dont have a way of getting there with out bus and train.

Scott, I reckon the older guys here would want to feel confident that you could survive OK on a big hill before they were willing to take you out to a big hill. The best way to prove this would be for you to show you can confidently skate a smaller hill.

It's probably best for you to wait for somebody to organise a mellow session somewhere fairly safe and traffic-free. You could watch the "pros" and get confident and develop your skills at a place where a mistake is less likely to kill or seriously injure you. Hopefully somebody will step up and organise a session like this - maybe Pump Station?

Do you have leathers and a full-face helmet? Those two things will allow you to learn faster than anything else.
Scott Poole said:
an yeah i have a full face, but no leathers, working on getting them soon :D

Good pads and gloves are the best thing for entry level.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/NEW-KTM-ELBOW-AND-KNEE-PADS-4pcs-per-set-BNW...
Elbow pads like these are sometimes available on ebay.
3x velcro straps keep them on and forearm protection means better coverage.
Regular pads get ripped straight off at speed and offer little.

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/CRASH-PADS-SHORTS-2000-SNOWBOARDING-SKIING-P...
Good crash shorts go well also. Your hips and thighs will cop alot.
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Kevlar-Draggin-Jeans-Charcoal-32-Unworn-BNWT...
These cost more but the savings you make in skin are priceless.

These are just a few suggestions to get you started instead of skating and hurting yourself wearing nothing in a bid to save for expensive leathers.

Practice braking and sliding before you practice going fast.
Once you become the master of control you'll be a pro.
yeah i already have some good pads ad gloves,
im good at sliding. but controll at decent speed im still working on :D
cheers
Scott Poole said:

How's your footbraking? With a good footbrake you can get yourself down just about anything.
yeah i can foot break good just abit wobly getting to it when at speed, but i normally just bert slide!!!
any tips??

Bugs said:
Scott Poole said:

How's your footbraking? With a good footbrake you can get yourself down just about anything.
my term of a bert slide is going down then slide 90' lose the speed then push the front back and keep on going !!!
yeah like speed checks and it can be into a corner but not always.
but i have 1 glove on the ground when i do it!!!!
ohhhh sweet, iv been woundering what it means :D
hehehehe i can speed check :P
I might be down for this Friday
im in for a friday sesh :D

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service