ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Slide wheels: Abec11, Zombie Hawgs or Orangatang Durians

Im looking to get some sliding wheels but i cant decide which ones i want to get

Views: 1230

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

there are yellow stims going for $99 at goodtime at wooloongabba if you live near brisbane city. I would suggest otangs, but they also wear quick, but don't all wheels when you go sliding!!
i know like a million people with stims, i have stims
a fair few people have zombies
im pretty sure bentley has retro freerides

Toby Brownrigg said:
haha the only one with any of those is lombardi im pretty sure

Jacko said:
sure u got friends who skate too right? try out their gear... if they wont let u try their stuff then u got shit mates

Toby Brownrigg said:
i havent got the money to try them all out

Jacko said:
try em all out and decide for yourself mate
hopkins sells stims for 90 bucks
I can vouch for the abec freerides. Super smooth slide and transition point. I've only tried orange stims but found the freerides much smoother. I rekon if you're after a freeride slide wheel go round edges
I have creaky whit Zombie's too. It is really annoying. But they are a great sliding wheel. If it wasn't for the creaking I would highly recommend them. In my opinion they slide easier & smoother than yellow & purple stims.

Does anyone know how to stop the creaking? Or has anyone tried sending them back to Hopkins?
mate i had the exact same problem. its been over a month and they havent shown up. they havent replied to any of my emails either

Tim (Skittles) said:
I ordered some a few weeks ago, still haven't got them, over 20 working days later, and no answer to my e-mail about it??!!

Jake DM said:
I'm not a fan of Durians at all personally, i just got a 3 pack of the Abec 11 Oops Freerides so i'll see how they go.
Yeah, I have now sent four emails out, but I did pay via paypal, so I started a dispute, they haven't replied, so I should get my money back via them after a few weeks.

What the hell has happened to Abec 11 customer service?
Have you heard anything back from them yet? If they don't respond to me within 10 days, I am able to get my money back, what's happening with your order?

Nick Drummond said:
mate i had the exact same problem. its been over a month and they havent shown up. they havent replied to any of my emails either

Tim (Skittles) said:
I ordered some a few weeks ago, still haven't got them, over 20 working days later, and no answer to my e-mail about it??!!

Jake DM said:
I'm not a fan of Durians at all personally, i just got a 3 pack of the Abec 11 Oops Freerides so i'll see how they go.
Well i still haven't got my Triple Pack and i checked the Paypal that they got my address and the tracking number says they are in transit to Australia. I think it's been 8-10 days so far.

Go on the Abec 11 Oops thread that one with OMGWTFBBQ in the title lol, some guy had the same problem and Brian Holden dealt with his order.
Plus I work there, Let me know and I'll bring my set so you can try em out.

Tim (Skittles) said:
there are yellow stims going for $99 at goodtime at wooloongabba if you live near brisbane city. I would suggest otangs, but they also wear quick, but don't all wheels when you go sliding!!

Its international shipping. Sometimes by plane, sometimes by boat, at the companies discretion. If its boat you'll probably still have a while to wait.Jake DM said:
Well i still haven't got my Triple Pack and i checked the Paypal that they got my address and the tracking number says they are in transit to Australia. I think it's been 8-10 days so far.

Go on the Abec 11 Oops thread that one with OMGWTFBBQ in the title lol, some guy had the same problem and Brian Holden dealt with his order.
No they are sent my USPS Priority.. It would be by a plane, by boat your looking at over a month if not more and the fact some people have got them in under or around a week.
reflex formula, the one found in bigzigz, and in the old retro freerides, is crap for sliding.. well, imo
its chattery as, and not smooth at all. but it grips pretty well
the classic formula, is soooo smooooothhhhhh, but there is no grip,
imo, go for some s9 centerset freerides if you want radiused edges, they arent as smooth as "classic thane", but they will grip in a sketchy situation, and they are a hell of a lot smoother than reflex formula.
matthys

matty leadfoot said:
Classic formula Abec 11 freerides VS Reflex formula.

Who has ridden both?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service