ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

I was looking for this on this site but there doesn't seem to be one like this. So, show me your topmount speedboard (copied off of silvefish longboarding).

Views: 2616

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Downhill longboards, or speedboards, are used for riding down hills as fast as possible" ->

So Downhill longboard = Speedboard

"In order to lower the center of gravity, downhill longboards sometimes feature a lowered platform. The deck may be mounted below the baseplate of the trucks (drop-through configuration), by the shape of the deck itself (dropped-deck) or both (double-drop)"

Wanna keep arguing?

Speedboard refers to it's purpose. If it's stiff and either designed or capable of stable downhill speed, it's a speedboard. In much the same way as a Dervish is referred to as a freeride deck as it's not made for downhill. 

Speedboard is a sub-category, NOT a deck shape.

I hate it when people try and argue this. Can you just accept that it is not what is classified as a top mount speed board? It might be "top mounted", But it has a lowered standing platform and majority of people do not think of it as a top mount. The only thing people could consider a topmount with drops is maybe a killswitch. But still, a proper topmount speedboard is just a flat board In my opinion, no bigass curves.

No one is trying to argue anything. It's right there in black and white. The OP's deck may be most used shape for a speedboard, but that doesn't make it an exclusive speedboard. Argue this all you want, you just look ignorant.

It's top-mounted and it's a speedboard -> Top-mount Speedboard. Live with it and move on, what you 'think' is a speedboard is in fact an A-Symetrically shaped, concave speedboard. Yes, it's a mouthful, but thats what it is technically. Kinda like how Delta nine tetrahydrocannabinol is simply the technical term for weed, but that doesn't mean that all those annoying plant growths that piss our mothers off in her garden bed are NOT weed(s). Get it?

dropped isn't a top mount.

a purist might even say a top mount doesn't have cut-outs

Id say my kebbek daddow is a topmount, but by popular definition topmount is closer to the classic bullet shape

Didn't your teacher ever tell you not to use wikipedia as a reference? Jokes.  In fact, I applaud you for actually uploading photos, which is what this thread is meant to be about

HOltzy said:

"Downhill longboards, or speedboards, are used for riding down hills as fast as possible" ->

"In order to lower the center of gravity, downhill longboards sometimes feature a lowered platform. The deck may be mounted below the baseplate of the trucks (drop-through configuration), by the shape of the deck itself (dropped-deck) or both (double-drop)"

Wanna keep arguing?

Speedboard refers to it's purpose. If it's stiff and either designed or capable of stable downhill speed, it's a speedboard. In much the same way as a Dervish is referred to as a freeride deck as it's not made for downhill. 

When I was in school, no one ever heard of Wikipedia lol. Ok, I'll let you all have your 'speedboard' reference, so could you please point me to the 'Carbon Fibre Wheel Assisted Symetrical Speed Rocket' section? thx. See? I can mis-label shit too

Gus Dawson said:

Didn't your teacher ever tell you not to use wikipedia as a reference? Jokes.  In fact, I applaud you for actually uploading photos, which is what this thread is meant to be about

HOltzy said:

Wanna keep arguing?

Oh, and top-mount refers to the truck mounting genius

matty leadfoot said:

dropped isn't a top mount.

a purist might even say a top mount doesn't have cut-outs

Id say my kebbek daddow is a topmount, but by popular definition topmount is more like the classic bullet shape

“When I use a word,” Humpty Dumpty said, in rather a scornful tone, “it means just what I choose it to mean—neither more nor less.”

Yeah, look it up in Wikipedia.

lets see what this little "top mount" skatey does to the "discussion"

Or this:

You're a gronk. I try and prove a point and get labelled a smart cunt. If you actually read what I wrote, I never disputed that the OP's board is what is popularly known as a top-mount speedboard, I simply tried to show you that just cause you refer to it as one, doesn't make it exclusively one, just offering a different perspective. Pretty sad when you paid out cause you have more than 2 brain cells to rub together. Once upon a time almost EVERYONE believed the earth was flat, so it must be, right?? God damn. Shut up and read before you fire off bullshit

charlie harris said:

Yes, correct, but stop acting like your such a smart cunt.  You are still wrong, Nobody is saying its not a speedboard, they are saying that it doesnt fit under the category of a "top mount speedboard", You might technically be correct, but it doesnt matter because what you think is right isnt what anyone else considers it, When people say a top mount speedboard, It means a topmounted board, with no drops, and some people might say something with a heaps complex design isnt one but I say its just a topmount no drops. Any board thats stiff is a speedboard, we arent talking about that, we are saying that your omen matrix board isnt a topmount speedboard, its a drop deck. It has topmounted trucks, but the drop takes away the qualities and things that makes a topmount speedboard what it is, so it is not one. Just stop

Anyways, I'm over it. Sorry your thread turned into a shit-fight, was never my intention. Unfollowing this thread. Gonna go for a skate on my top-mount speedboard instead. Peace ^_^

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service