ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Dear Groms......

there is no such thing as a "best" wheel, board, truck, bushing, helmet, glove or anything*. Deal with it.

Ok people, add your contributions.

Views: 3225

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I research my gear!

Jake Elliott said:

Groms.... research is a life skill, learn to do it before asking, form your own opinions!

well done, one of the few :)

Callum Tobutt said:
I research my gear!

Jake Elliott said:

Groms.... research is a life skill, learn to do it before asking, form your own opinions!

When you said "worst", of course what you actually meant was "best" :D

I like to think it serves as a community service reminder that downhill skating can harsh you up if you're not careful.

So: Dear Groms,

second hand gear works fine and it's pretty cheap. Stop being so hung up about having to have new gear.

Dani said:

Dave R has the worst profile photo. Makes my stomach turn, haha.

and also, boys in year 9 and 10 get laptops from their school, so they sit on asra all day. which is what im doing now :D
It's probably a good idea to do more work, it will help you pay for gear and travel once you grow up! :p
you need ceramics to go fast!
They only go fast if you put quick grip in them!
And eat half a page of a news paper

Skittles said:
They only go fast if you put quick grip in them!
That make you go really fast!

Dear groms,

don't start a thread asking a question about something you've already made up your mind about....

ok,since were giving groms a few tips,.stop asking me,kam,jacko,gabe or whoever,how to get sponsored all the time.its not all about being spono'd.

i get hit up on facebook all the time about this and i tell them all the same thing in a polite way,.firstly,learn to skate,be a cool guy,attend events,try to improve your results,dont talk shit,let your skating do the talking,and most of all''GET STOKED FROM SKATING'',go out with a positive attitude and remind yourself that its all about having fun,and sponsorship will come when the time is right..yes you do have to make an effort,and later on a resume of some discription can be handy to,if presented to the right person in the right way.

but yeh,worrying about it and thinking you need a sponsor to get good is not healthy,.if your passionate about somthing and you really want to do well at it,you have to go and grind out the hard yards,work for it,earn it....and then when it comes you will deserve it and respect it.

Dear groms,

THE INTERNET IS NOT GOING TO MAKE YOUR WHEEL/DECK/TRUCK DECISION FOR YOU. Do some research or take a risk.....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service