ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

The ASRA crew are are now ensconced in their luxury villa in Bathurst, preparing for the coming weekend. Grom Cooper is here with us on work experience and he just made a delicious pizza - nice one Coops.

We've been working hard, busy posing with money:

and fake money:

and tomorrow it'll be time to put out the hay bales. The vert ramp was built today, and the top of the mountain is starting to turn into a festival site.

Stay tuned to this thread for more of the inside info. When the race starts (Friday morning folks!) I'll be posting some commentary here.

Tags: newton's, newtons

Views: 822

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

wish i was there!
Another beautiful day in Bathurst - seriously good weather here - sunny, clear, low 20s.

The strong-back/feeble-mind portion of the crew are up on the mount bagging hay bales while the smart ones are relaxing back at base camp. Preparations for the video have been thrown into a bit of chaos due to the friendly antics of some folks who thought cutting and slashing the video cable that we had spent hours carefully laying in the bush alongside the track would be a good Tuesday night's entertainment. Maybe they ran out of sheep to play with?. But no matter, we will prevail.

Lots of crew arriving tonight in preparation for tomorrow's sign-in and tech-inspection.
Here's the detailed schedule for the three days of racing.

DETAILED SCHEDULE

This is just the general guide - it'll change on the day as we cope with various factors like people getting injured, getting lost etc.
Half the bales have been bagged, and they're in place on the top half of the hill. Everybody who sees the hill gets freaked out by how steep it is - even those who've seen it before.

Bathurst is 100 times greener than last year - lots more grass and lots less dust.

Pete and Haggy enjoy their lunch break before tackling the afternoon's hay bales:

i like your picture stories. me and Ed can't wait to get there.
After a hard day of hay baling, the crew went for a swim to freshen up. Blackwood was channelling Esther Williams, but only managed to dislocate his shoulder:

He then had to fight for space on the couch with Robbo, who's still moaning about his bout of food poisoning.

Our tech inspection and rider registration team have now arrived, so we're ready for tomorrow. Jacko's mum is on board, so we can't lose.
for those of us stuck on suburban hills would you mind getting a shot of the run that captures this brutal steepness?
t'would be sick i thinkin
Jack Nolan said:
for those of us stuck on suburban hills would you mind getting a shot of the run that captures this brutal steepness?

No photo can show it. A couple of pushes at the top and you're over the horizon.
Imagine looking down a vertical slope......then look further!

Jack Nolan said:
t'would be sick i thinkin
Really bummed i can't make it this year.
But Its good to see there is NN Live!
Will there be live updates and qual times like last year?
As well as video?

Gotta work on friday, so i'll be keen to see the results friday night.
Live updates and times all weekend.
Right now at the Ox we're having rib-eating contests. Haggy is entertaining us with his homo-erotic fantasies. It must be the ribs.
no pictures??

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service