ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

News flash "Idiots skateboard through Heysen Tunnels on South Eastern Freeway"

THREE men - including a Western Australian - caught skateboarding on the South-Eastern Freeway through the Heysen Tunnels this morning were fined $171.
The men - a 23-year-old of Kingscote, a St Morris man, 22, and a South Fremantle man, 20 - were captured on security cameras riding longboards through the Heysen Tunnels about 2am.

Police later stopped the men and issued on-the-spot fines for riding a skateboard on a road at speeds over 50 km/h, riding a skateboard at night and riding a skateboard on the freeway.

The tunnels are constantly used by hundreds of vehicles, including heavy trucks.

The misuse of roadways should be reported to the police, Constable Kynan Lang said.

"This (skatebording) is not appropriate and will be dealt with accordingly," he said.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/south-australia/idiots-skateboar...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/stories/2010/11/19/3070736.htm

http://au.news.yahoo.com/australian-news/a/-/australian-news/834952...

Views: 717

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

is it on channel 7?
" it's idiotic and dangerous and should be done elsewhere."

They were doing it 'elsewhere',... on an empty road at 2am, where they couldnt get hit by traffic coming the other way.
You cant tell me some of the legislated legal roads are safer than that. Roads without lines marked are often so narrow you could have a head on, not to mention oblivious motorists backing out of driveways.

The lads picked their spot taking safety and risk into consideration. Their lives,.... their risk.

The government has no idea of the risk they are enforcing by dictating the when and wheres.
if the highway isnt a playgound make us a playground.
Its been on 10 in Brisbane!!

Awesome Dani!!,... You came across really well.
They finished the story by saying they hoped the publicity would help prevent this kind of activity.
wtf??????
When did that EVER work for ANYTHING????
Channel 10 have just introduced more people to our sport,.... HA!!!
7pm project took the piss. kinda funny though. I bet Jarryd wouldn't have that problem if it was him.
It was just on the 730 report (melb), didnt come across well,
with the paper,rock,scissors they tried to make you look sillier than normal!

Dani, what would they have said if you did that nuddy run you were planning?
LOL! 7pm project gold leigh and dani!!! showin that media who is boss ahahha
hahaha, just saw it on the 7pm project. rock paper scissors haha and the flowers in ur face leigh haha brillant
Awhhh damm, they were paying leigh and dani out on the 7pm project on 10.....stupid news people!
Leigh cant deal with bush. Hahahaaaaaa
I thought it was cool . there should be a tunnel run to highlight the need for a proper skating track.
matty leadfoot said:
Leigh cant deal with bush. Hahahaaaaaa

i wasn't expecting to ever see that bit of footage on the TV. thank god for the 7pm Project.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service