ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Hey guys,  I'm Rich Nelson of Nelson Longboards a company based out of the US.  I've gotten a decent amount of interest from Australia recently and have sent a few boards out that way.  Since most boards in Australia have to be imported, the prices in your shops seem to be pretty high.  My decks run $110 with $55 shipping to Australia (from what I've been told this come out cheaper then what the shops generally charge).

So here are the decks.

The TopSpin and Spindrift,  two boards designed from the ground up for Soft wheel sliding and Downhill.

Specs: 40"x10" with a 30" WB,  1/2" drop, and 9/16" Progressive W-Concave that continues straight into the drop.

The Concave is designed to be both comfortable and effective at locking your feet,  the W-hump is minimal so it is not uncomfortable or obtrusive,  but give an nice little pocket to push your feet out on toeside slides. After riding the deck I have been told my countless people that it is the best concave they've ever ridden.

The drop is 1/2",  it is not extremely steep like the drop on rayne's.  This makes it feel like a concave for the outside of your foot,  you can stand right up to the edge of the wheel cutouts, this is great for holding your feet on 3 sides.

and as I mentioned, unlike most dropped boards,  the concave continues straight into the drop,  so when riding you have the full effect of concave and the drop to create a perfect pocket for your feet.  It also doubles as a 52oz birdbath.

and some action shots for fun.

The website is www.NelsonLongboards.com

Let me know what you guys think.

Views: 2368

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

that bacon surprise deck looks sick.

how much for that deck and shipping to australia?

Hey Sean, the bacon deck has gotten a lot of attention.  It was just a limited run with a handful made,  and currently no plans for more in the future.

and thanks Dermott.  :)

Also since the original post,  we've been rolling out the videos (at least one every two weeks) including some Nelson/O-tang videos.  So heres a few from the past two months in case you want to check them out.

and a little sneak peak at our new board which is scheduled for release in the next two weeks or so.

and there's plenty more on our youtube channel with new videos every week or two.

"As of now no plans to make it a standard model (though I do have the materials to make a few more),  if it was added to the lineup it would cost more than the regular spindrift due to more expensive materials and extra labor."

is this still possible? so keen on that graphic...

can you just add that graphic to a spindrift?

Yo Rich, my nose guards worked a treat. Some pics here:

http://www.skateboardracing.org.au/photo/albums/noseguards-diy-style

We had a huge sess and the Spindrift was the sliding board of choice for all riders.

It's new theme song is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbfVmzF7N4g

because it is sooo hot.

Again, thankyou for making such a great deck

Sorry man,  I did them as a limited time thing, and I'm out of the materials for the bacon graphic.  I may do something similar again in the future,  but I'm currently busy working on lots of other things right now.  The best I could do for you is reg spindrift graphic on bottom (you could pick black/red or something) and the bacon on top.  

Sean said:

"As of now no plans to make it a standard model (though I do have the materials to make a few more),  if it was added to the lineup it would cost more than the regular spindrift due to more expensive materials and extra labor."

is this still possible? so keen on that graphic...

can you just add that graphic to a spindrift?

Awesome!  The first one using the dropthrough hole for the mounting is definitely creative,  but the material you found for the spindrift looks like it fits great,  and seem like it can definitely take a solid hit.

I'm so glad to hear you guys are liking the deck,  I hope the weather doesn't get to bad down there in your coming winter months.  we're just getting to the good skate weather up here now that we don't have to worry about snow anymore.

Scotty Bomber said:

Yo Rich, my nose guards worked a treat. Some pics here:

http://www.skateboardracing.org.au/photo/albums/noseguards-diy-style

We had a huge sess and the Spindrift was the sliding board of choice for all riders.

It's new theme song is http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbfVmzF7N4g

because it is sooo hot.

Again, thankyou for making such a great deck

Oh, sweet.

Thanks, but i have already ordered one...

so pumped

Haha, this is Australia man, half the time it's too hot to skate in summer. Are you/will you be shipping completes here?

Richard Nelson said:

I'm so glad to hear you guys are liking the deck,  I hope the weather doesn't get to bad down there in your coming winter months.  we're just getting to the good skate weather up here now that we don't have to worry about snow anymore.

He is, i ordered one on sunday, should be here on friday if express shipping pulls through, otherwise i guess i wont be riding it till monday

Hey guys, hope your enjoying the decks!  Heres a few recent photos and a video where we're testing out some new slide wheels.

hahaha whats the best pizza for sliding?

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service