ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Hey guys,  I'm Rich Nelson of Nelson Longboards a company based out of the US.  I've gotten a decent amount of interest from Australia recently and have sent a few boards out that way.  Since most boards in Australia have to be imported, the prices in your shops seem to be pretty high.  My decks run $110 with $55 shipping to Australia (from what I've been told this come out cheaper then what the shops generally charge).

So here are the decks.

The TopSpin and Spindrift,  two boards designed from the ground up for Soft wheel sliding and Downhill.

Specs: 40"x10" with a 30" WB,  1/2" drop, and 9/16" Progressive W-Concave that continues straight into the drop.

The Concave is designed to be both comfortable and effective at locking your feet,  the W-hump is minimal so it is not uncomfortable or obtrusive,  but give an nice little pocket to push your feet out on toeside slides. After riding the deck I have been told my countless people that it is the best concave they've ever ridden.

The drop is 1/2",  it is not extremely steep like the drop on rayne's.  This makes it feel like a concave for the outside of your foot,  you can stand right up to the edge of the wheel cutouts, this is great for holding your feet on 3 sides.

and as I mentioned, unlike most dropped boards,  the concave continues straight into the drop,  so when riding you have the full effect of concave and the drop to create a perfect pocket for your feet.  It also doubles as a 52oz birdbath.

and some action shots for fun.

The website is www.NelsonLongboards.com

Let me know what you guys think.

Views: 2368

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

sorry for the delay in response I missed the question earlier.  I'll be adding nose-guards to the order section of the website soon.  

They're not on the order page yet but if your planning on ordering just shoot me an e-mail and I'll include them.

James "m0juu" Crisologo said:

i am immensely interested in a spindrift. bacon graphic is a bonus :)

edit: is it compatible with any noseguards?

the spindrift looks amazing. expect an order from me in the next month! so with shipping to australia it would be $165? that is awesome dude. argh i want one!! oh and how much would the nose guards be?
rode a topspin just yesterday, feels good! the drop is very subtle and is moreso for providing better footlock than lowering the board. very comfy concave that holds you in well and though it goes without saying, it's great for sliding

yea,  I just looked back and all the images are looking down the length of the board.  here's a shots with some people so you can get an idea of the scale.  its 40"x10" 31"wb

Hi rich. I ordered my Spindrift off u a few weeks back (leeming WA address). I missed out on noseguard option. What do u suggest I do to make one myself? I notice screws on the side of your one? or do u use glue? What rubber? I've used cable ties to hold on toilet seal rubber but it's a bit ugly. Used Sugru too which was ok but came off easily

The one in the picture is automotive body molding that I get from a local auto parts store.  It has an adhesive backing which works pretty well, but when testing the guards out the ends tended to peel up a bit,  so the screws aren't necessary but they help to keep it on more securely.

If you can't find anything suitable let me know and I'll send you a pair. 

hey i saw on your web site you can have a guard installed for five bucks, what it that guard made of?

Martin - DIY4LIFE. Check this out:

http://www.skateboardracing.org.au/photo/albums/noseguards-diy-style

Rubber U is the best if it fits - take your board in with you to Clark(Kent) Rubber to check. Selleys Kwikgrip or Araldite, some clamps, 24hrs drying time, done. Or drill a screw in either side like Rich does to keep it attached. Please don't bother Rich with a noseguard purchase, he's busy building sick boards.

Rich - the board arrived yesterday. "Oh baby". Words can not describe the pleasure that unwrapping the package provided. Thus, very special items of mine get assigned a theme song. This is my Spindrift's one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gAZXOJB_mE

Hand-numbered is a nice touch.

You bring joy into the world with your craftsmanship, and I thank thee.

Thanks

Yo Martin - i picked up heaps of U rubber from my local store yesterday and made some nose guards. If you want to buy some from me (at cost plus shipping) get in touch if you can't find it at your local.
bump so more people know about a rad board..

Thanks for the supports guys,  a handful of boards have gone out to Australia, I hope you like them

hey i saw on your web site you can have a guard installed for five bucks, what it that guard made of?

They are made from automotive body molding,  its a hard plastic with an adhesive backing.  Additionally I add counter sunk screws on the ends to make sure it stays on.

Rich - the board arrived yesterday. "Oh baby". Words can not describe the pleasure that unwrapping the package provided. Thus, very special items of mine get assigned a theme song. This is my Spindrift's one:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-gAZXOJB_mE

Hand-numbered is a nice touch.

You bring joy into the world with your craftsmanship, and I thank thee.

Thanks so much man, I'm glad you like it!   hope those rubber nose guards work out.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service