ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

We use longboards (not drop decks) to ride the Elwood Bowl in Melbourne on Wednesday nights, which is a vintage capsule bowl with a roll in.

Lumpy old concrete makes longboards the preferred weapon.

So who does it?

Views: 1331

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

The bowl at Jindabyne would be RAD, it has a massive shallow end that you could get 3-4 big pushes before you go deep
I learnt to skate bowls on a slalom board before I ever tried it with a board with a kicktail.

Last Sunday, at Bulleen, in a 1970's snake run...seems like it was made for longboards.

Dulwich Hill snake run. It's a rad place to ride a zippy sort of longboard, in my case a 38inch fibreflex pintail, still one of my favorite boards to ride... It was one of the first places I skated when I landed on these shores in 03.  They were in the process of building the new park at the time.  It was also the first time I met Bra Pete, although he doesn't recall it.  But he's a more memorable dude at first meeting than me, ha!! 

dave m was riding his crazy landyaght board with 90mm flys in the belco bowl! we've been trying to learn short board at eddison park with mixed success, usually roll around a bit, get hurt then jump on the longboards and shred the park to bits! it's wicked fun

Bernie. rad pic mate. looks fun as.

Bulleen looks in good condition for its age.

How long is the run & does it have a bowl at the end ?

I've used a mates Landyachtz dropcarve once in the Slam Factory bowl.

Drop in using the tail, then move my foot up to carve around the bowl.

It had the old large Hawgs on it. worked well with the flex of the deck.

Dulwich is rad. Time for a skatepark slalom jam Haggy.

PC,

no bowl, finishes in gravel just like a spoon drain.

for dimensions see http://www.nearmap.com/?ll=-37.762101,145.099956&z=20&t=k&a...

as to slalom...right on...seems like everything has been going downhill lately!

Trying to get organised for something in Melbourne in May.

Springyditch night slalom, Melton shitscared-wallride (or a bowljam), and Sunday head to head (aka CHC).

Stay tuned!

Mexican hat bowl or the pool pit?

If the pit, that's some crazy action right there. The Belco snake run is short but next time I'm down I'm keen to try it on a longie.

I've ridden my 36" swallowtail and a flexy topmount carver in a bowl. You really need a kicktail to get the most out of it.

Henry King said:

dave m was riding his crazy landyaght board with 90mm flys in the belco bowl! we've been trying to learn short board at eddison park with mixed success, usually roll around a bit, get hurt then jump on the longboards and shred the park to bits! it's wicked fun

Hate to dissappoint but they're revamping all of belco skate park. Snake run is gone as it the mexican hat bowl. The "belco bowl" however is being restored. Its the only part of the original park left...

Plans for the new park along with a top down view of the eddo park can be seen here:

http://www.tams.act.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/206208/Belco...

But as henry says eddison is rad fun! and we still have the sketchy eridale snake run too...

Dave R said:

If the pit, that's some crazy action right there. The Belco snake run is short but next time I'm down I'm keen to try it on a longie.

I've ridden my 36" swallowtail and a flexy topmount carver in a bowl. You really need a kicktail to get the most out of it.

Henry King said:

Ah man, that sucks. I guess it looks like a pretty rad park but I'm attached to the old one. On rollerboots I'd roll off the top where the deep bowl is, down into the mexican hat and launch big air out the other side. It was an awesome run for getting fast 540s and 720s dialled. The rest of the park was pretty lame though, it has to be said (apart from the bowl).

James said:

Hate to dissappoint but they're revamping all of belco skate park. Snake run is gone as it the mexican hat bowl. The "belco bowl" however is being restored. Its the only part of the original park left...

Plans for the new park along with a top down view of the eddo park can be seen here:

http://www.tams.act.gov.au/__data/assets/pdf_file/0018/206208/Belco...

But as henry says eddison is rad fun! and we still have the sketchy eridale snake run too...

Dave R said:

Henry King said:

yeah dave wasd riding his urban assult in the deep bowl....crazy sh#t!

the new belco park is gonna be off the hook on a longboard, they're putting a massive snake run/3 connected bowls section in place of the mexican hat.

cant wait, it's looking rad!

If its not to late to have a say at Belco, make sure you ask for a roll-in on the new snake-run/bowls.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service