ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Who is interested in this form of skating.?
What is the furthest you have skated in one session.?
What is your setup for distance skateing.?
Do you push or pump.?
My best efort sofar is 50km on a sector9 trilam 180randals 73mm75a siesmics.
It took 3hrs half headwind half tailwind 80%pumping 20%pushing.

Views: 1207

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Just finished my regular and gps plotted it all on bike path it's 24.8 km each way so from beaumaris to westgate bridge and back will be 52 km witch takes me 2hrs35min at a constant pace.
If I realy pushit I think I could do 50km in 2hrs.
Im yet to do all of east link I think this will be more like 4+hrs.
Sorry I carnt post photos it is a limitation of ning not being compatible with iPhone get withit ning.
Eastlink looks similar to photos brad is posting .

Hamish said:
Just finished my regular and gps plotted it all on bike path it's 24.8 km each way so from beaumaris to westgate bridge and back will be 52 km witch takes me 2hrs35min at a constant pace.
If I realy pushit I think I could do 50km in 2hrs.
Im yet to do all of east link I think this will be more like 4+hrs.
that would be awesome!

Guff said:
I have skated some of this with mick white he lives round the corner nobody uses it but its a hard slog flat with ups and downs and long sections of slight gradient where you have to get off and walk. Seeing as most people would split up i reckon you could plot a course through the city incorporating bike tracks beach promenades skateparks picking up your flags or get stamped along the way finish line maybe bondi bowl . Make it like the Bridge to Bridge of skateboarding . Put up big $$$$$ get bowl riders street dudes. I reckon you could get at least 500 riders imagine the sprint to the finish
Hamish said:
Sorry I carnt post photos it is a limitation of ning not being compatible with iPhone get withit ning.

you can email your photos directly, just add the address from your photo uploading page to your contacts ,)

not sure how that gets added to a comment, but worth looking into ,)
im in too for any big push. how bout a pitt street race or george st race... aka the broardway bomb in nyc. wouldnt be as long. but that run is heaps of fun if you can get the right timing on the lights. either way your going to have the up and down hill sction. throw money down or just some product and a trophy.....
Jaakko Ståhle from Finland spent 3 months skating 2000K's across Japan. Fair effort.

http://skatejapan2009.blogspot.com/
It dosent work brad I get error message 550 550 I've told bugs and robbo and it seems it is something ning needs to fix.
So get on it ning as my imput is limited to text and it's dislexic text at that .

Brad B said:
Hamish said:

you can email your photos directly, just add the address from your photo uploading page to your contacts ,)

not sure how that gets added to a comment, but worth looking into ,)
Went on a nice skate this morning on the M7 cycleway. Started at Northwest Blvd, Glenwood, and skated to the M4 and back. Took me two hours total including 10-15 min break. Started at 7am and finished at 9am. Dunno how far it is, about 35km i think. It's a nice skate. If I didn't have to skate back to the car I could have easily continued and finished the track.

Anyone keen to roll the whole track soon? An early start is essential as it gets hot out there later in the day. I reckon total time would be about 2.5 - 3 hours.

Skated my downhill rig but any longboard will do. Think i will ride something pumpier next time as I didn't pump much, pushed almost all of it. The terrain is great, undulating ups and downs. Most of the track is not so noisy as there are walls between the M7 and the path. All in all, a nice way to spend a sunday morning...
Did you swap feet on the push or just all one side?
His board is sitting in the shop at Cre8ive sk8.
i pushed with both feet, but more with my right than my left as that's my natural push. i'll keep working on it until i'm 100% comfortable pushing mongo as well. jeez, i never thought i'd actually be trying to push mongo better, haha
My new distance setup is an orsome I'm now doing 50km in 2.5 hrs
Demondseed with holeys dropthrough with 1cm of riser 85mm speedvents
replaced the small cone bushing with venom red tallcone.
Tiny bit of hanger bite so I'm going to reduce the riser by 5mm
heavy is good becouse once it's going it takes little effort to keep up to speed.
Sounds like you enjoyed the distance haggy?
Biggest tip I can give is keep wheels inside deck width catching your pushfoot on a wheel after 2hrs skateing is no fun.
Looking forword to a race of somesort in2010

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service