ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Who is interested in this form of skating.?
What is the furthest you have skated in one session.?
What is your setup for distance skateing.?
Do you push or pump.?
My best efort sofar is 50km on a sector9 trilam 180randals 73mm75a siesmics.
It took 3hrs half headwind half tailwind 80%pumping 20%pushing.

Views: 1207

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Nice work Nath Aveyard you see all the sights ,smell all the smells hear all the sounds. The only way to see how far you can go befor something breaks mind,body,spirit.Is to go there
You have given me some inspiration :)
there seems to be a perfect run alongside the M2/M7amp; (Sydney) - purpose built smooth bitumen bike track, undulating hills for a bit of push, downhill and pumping - a fair length too

Not sure which direction would offer the longest runs, the M7 part seems pretty even but plenty of up and down ,)

there also seems to be rest stops/ BBQ areas,)
http://www.members.optusnet.com.au/robkemp66/m7/m7.htm

brad i was going to suggest the same, everytime i go to pump station i check them out thinking they must be good for something
skated from town to redwood park in radelaide took 3 and a half hours and was smashed
yeah, know what you meen... i've also spied a ditch , some new estates and a short but fast hill or two off to the sides... I have a feeling north to south might be best? maybe a some google earth contour mapping might help... any opinion?

nathan said:
brad i was going to suggest the same, everytime i go to pump station i check them out thinking they must be good for something
yeah, here's an elevaton map of most of the M7,

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/1958160

In short,
Elevation Gain:1,824 ft
Elevation Loss:1,886 ft
Min Elevation:81 ft
Max Elevation:421 ft

(that's a return trip, but still balanced, looks a little better N to S
oooh, just noticed it's got lights too ,)

summer night ride maybe?

Brad B said:

how many k's is the cycle track?
maybe just do it both ways, that's a good way to find out which direction is better ;-)
i drive past this 4 times a week and it is very nice. but only do the M7 the M2 is old and doesnt have a proper path. i would suggest starting at maybe horsley park and going to Glenwood that is the nicest part.
that would be alot of fun. if only i could keep up! i am new to skating and arn't the best pusher in the world.
Cheers,
Ryan

Brad B said:

I have skated some of this with mick white he lives round the corner nobody uses it but its a hard slog flat with ups and downs and long sections of slight gradient where you have to get off and walk. Seeing as most people would split up i reckon you could plot a course through the city incorporating bike tracks beach promenades skateparks picking up your flags or get stamped along the way finish line maybe bondi bowl . Make it like the Bridge to Bridge of skateboarding . Put up big $$$$$ get bowl riders street dudes. I reckon you could get at least 500 riders imagine the sprint to the finish

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service