ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Who is interested in this form of skating.?
What is the furthest you have skated in one session.?
What is your setup for distance skateing.?
Do you push or pump.?
My best efort sofar is 50km on a sector9 trilam 180randals 73mm75a siesmics.
It took 3hrs half headwind half tailwind 80%pumping 20%pushing.

Views: 1207

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

damn, Hamish. Good luck on that. You should set a record on the longest distance pumped!!
a good corse could be ASRA :D!!
I've had my eye on the SS Raven aswell Hamish. Such a nice deck.
The guy who skated across OZ was Dave Cornthwaite. I met him up on the Gold Coast at the big slalom evnt we had. I heard he was out here again promoting this book he did on his epic journey so I invited him to come along and show his book.
He had previously skated from one end of England to the other so he had some practice and training under his belt.
He also had a big support crew who followed him the whole way in a fwd and caravan.
Some of the photo's still make me cringe to this day. The worst case of heel blisters I've ever seen!
I skated with Dave on his world record breaking last 2ks at Homebush. I've got a rolls rolls deck and it is a great long distance pushing deck. Although the New Zealander who recently broke the distance record (solo mind you) said the Long Board Larry he used for the last leg of his trip was better.

He turned his Rolls Rolls into a trailer after it got some cracks. Mine the the same cracks now and flexes a lot more than the should. Let me know if you want a carbon fibre trailer Hamish!

I like the look of the new Rolls Rolls "Woodys" too. www.rollsrolls.com
me and my mates used to skate from highbury in adelaide to north adelaide two night a week and back again, longest skate was from top of greenhill road to the bay got drunk then skated into town took about 6 hours
leading up to heading over to europe, i used to skate about 14k along the river and through southbank a few afternoons a week. riding my SGS setup, Glyde deck, randals and zigs. perfect setup for it.
So I've been doing my normal run but on my new setup.
Rayne Demond seed with holeys dropthrough and 1.5 cm of riser 85mm siesmics.
She is as low as posible and is very easy to get going and once going it takes very little efort to maintain a good pushing speed . Pushing normal almost as confidently as mongo (go mongo).
Kept the standard hourglass bushings but replaced the top with (venom tall cone)red better rebound I recon.
With this new set up I've taken 25 to 35 min of a 2 hr run .
So I'm pritty dame stoked with that.
Marek if your serious about your cabon rolls I'd love to start playing around with the trailer idea and see how mutch wait I can drag around and still make good time.
(I am curios as to why distance skating is not popular in the Australian longboard comunity it seems popular over in europe Canada England America ) check out unkel
it took me 5 hours to skate 70km from brighton to frankston an back, not including random breaks in between though.
I was on a Kebbek flushcut on 35 force trucks and 73mm speed vents.
Just clarifing on the unkle thing google www.unkle.ca/ and go with the first link
there are some weird ass sites out there.

Hamish said:
So I've been doing my normal run but on my new setup.
Rayne Demond seed with holeys dropthrough and 1.5 cm of riser 85mm siesmics.
She is as low as posible and is very easy to get going and once going it takes very little efort to maintain a good pushing speed . Pushing normal almost as confidently as mongo (go mongo).
Kept the standard hourglass bushings but replaced the top with (venom tall cone)red better rebound I recon.
With this new set up I've taken 25 to 35 min of a 2 hr run .
So I'm pritty dame stoked with that.
Marek if your serious about your cabon rolls I'd love to start playing around with the trailer idea and see how mutch wait I can drag around and still make good time.
(I am curios as to why distance skating is not popular in the Australian longboard comunity it seems popular over in europe Canada England America ) check out unkel
If you put $1000 + swag on the line like the KOFT race I'm sure you would get a big turnout
I would be up for it why not approach a couple of bigger companies outside of longboarding to put up some prizemoney sell the hype they could get naming rights etc you could then utilize all of their media contacts to promote it make it say a 2 day race not sure how far but you could race to a point stay overnight then race to the finish on sunday i am sure news channels would pick it up be good if you could get say 100 entrants could be fun?
i would be down for a distance race from wollongong to sydney and back. make it for charity like beat the bastard was. that convoy for kids blocks of the highways with trucks going at a snails pace, surely we could block off and all bomb mt ousley on the way back for a good cause haha

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service