ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

what would you guys recommend? i need a helmet for newtons.
where and how much for them also?

Views: 46

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

do charly visors fit on drops? if they do i will definatly get that and i will skip the icaro and charly for safety reasons cheers for the feed back, keep it coming i want to hear more about the charly visor fitting the drop
I'm in the market for a new helmet too atm.
Found one in syd, approx $120. downhill mountain bike one.
just another option....brand, location and pic to come soon.
I'm scepo on the tails on the icaro in a slam.. I would have got way more chomped if I had a tail.
I smacked square on the back of the head twice in one slam.... twas gnar as. but old helmet did its job rad!
I'd go the charlie. but I cant afford it..
Api , we are in Brisbane but josh whoo is doing Newtons like you is going back over to NZ in sept hols , but alas he is only going to be in Auckland . look forward to meeting at bathurst mate
lance

api ihaia said:
hi um are you the guys who posted up about the dh trucks? if you are we should try and catch up but im in the south island... are you?

Lance Evans and Josh (13 yrs) said:
Hey Bud Josh is going back over in sept so he should try to meet up , as far as helmets are concerned we both use a downhill mountain bike one , real lite but lots of foam but as has been said they done come with a visor . I made visors out of acrylic sheet and pushed in around the foam but negetive is they mist up between runs etc until you start moving again
Funny bout that, I think I'm going for a week or two in the September holidays.
Lance Evans and Josh (13 yrs) said:
Api , we are in Brisbane but josh whoo is doing Newtons like you is going back over to NZ in sept hols , but alas he is only going to be in Auckland . look forward to meeting at bathurst mate
lance
For great deals on fullface mountainbike helmets
I'm pretty sure any of those is a worthwhile helmet - unbeatable prices
I can do Charly visors for $90. There is not much prof in it, shipped they'll cost me $80. Para visors are always expensive.
I am happy to get one in for someone to try on a bell helmet.
Hmm very tempting, can you get any tinted visors in Hop like the black or reflective?

Hop said:
I can do Charly visors for $90. There is not much prof in it, shipped they'll cost me $80. Para visors are always expensive.
I am happy to get one in for someone to try on a bell helmet.
agreed, get a drop.

Dani said:
How much is your head worth to you? If you are new at skating, you WILL fall off and you WILL smash your head. Do you think the Icaro will save your head? If so, buy it. If not, buy a bell drop.
i ended up getting a drop. i went to one of the local sport shops and they were 50% off so it was 150 NZD and then i went to one of the local hardware stores and grabbed some poly stuff for a visor, then went to the local motorbike shop and got antifog so i put them all together and now i have a sick full face with a visor... that doesn't fog up. im stoaked!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service