ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

I went to a luge event and an ice hockey match broke out

Views: 455

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

i'm not a gravity racer, i'm a downhill skateboarder.

skating has a fundementally different culture to other 'gravity sports'

pretty much the only thing we have in in common is gravity pulls us down hills, but there is so much more to longboarding,

you cant freeride a luge, you cant jump on your gravity bike and roll around town, and skullboarding????? for f@#ks sake i dont want to be included in any group that is associated with those contraptions!!!

gravity sport isnt growing, longboarding is growing, simple as that.

so much hate :(

I just wanna say some positive stuff. I had a good time. I really enjoyed meeting all the friendly people, skates, luge, organisers, volunteers, spectators and cooks. I gained alot of experience over the weekend, and am not disappointed at all. I got some good time on the track, and had a good time. Much planning went into this, and it shows. Thanks Tim for your hospitality. Thanks weather for being just good enough.

Peace

btb is organised and run by ado from cre8tive sk8 who is one of the coolest dudes ever and was around long before anyone else and the first shop to start carrying downhill gear....i dont think this should reflect bad on his event its honestly the best event you will attend in australia and the most runs you will get anywhere in 2 days...

as for all the opinions from everyone who wasnt there you are missing the point,,this is about the violence that was displayed on friday night which was totally un called for and unexceptable.. there were too many people trying to get there opinion in about the so called outlaw event when the only one who should of been speaking was the race organiser..this is what fueled the fire when everyone started ganging up on the stand up guys...

as for the event i was totally misled about the conditions of the road and the race format...i was told 90ks and not too rough,,,i think we hit 65ks???? picking names out of a hat to determine who races was a joke...imagine if you spent $500 on an event and your name didnt get pulled out but you know you had a chance of winning....not cool 

on my second run i hit a super rough patch and got thrown off my board straight onto my shoulder which then put me out for the weekend....this is a road we never should of raced on and was not a stand up friendly event,,it was a battle just to keep your feet on the board and a road no of us would ride a second time...

it sucks that the event went pear shaped from the start and that i felt stuck in the middle..i like all the crew no matter what you ride but too be honest this was a luge event we were invited to and were made aware of this by the hill and the easy decision to kick out the stand ups...there wasnt even trophies for us but rad decks for the luge,,,hmmm

i dont want to piss people off more than they are,,,cant we all just get along

good on ya leeso^^^^^

Wow. just read most of this thread. I was considering a road trip from Adelaide to enter this race. Glad I listened to my juju 2 weeks ago and decided not to go!

I have come to the conclusion over the years that large organised Downhill Races are not really worth going to. The euro freeride scene is the Radest thing on the planet so far as downhill goes in my opnion. I would love to see something similar happen here in Oz. Dont get me wrong, I love racing, but you dont need to go to a 'Race' in order to have a race. And you can bomb hills any time any place, for free on a skateboard, Know what I mean? 'Skateboarding' is about having fun, 'Gravity Sports' is something else, you cant deny it has a different quality to just viewing it as 'skateboarding', a streetluger that dont skate for example cant identify with skateboarding. Maybe thats where the problems stem from? Either way I dont really care, just trying to offer some positive vibes in a 'Fuck it and go skate' kind of way.

Sorry to hear you bust your sholder Leeso- might be heading over your way soon, see then man!

erm so yeah, fuck it and go skate!

Cant we all just get along?

I want haggy to clarify whether he voted to ban trav or whether he had no input and has been set up by GSE because he was there at the time.

From what i've read you can say that the physical assault was the main issue, but it clearly wasn't the only one. Inviting Longboarders to a race not suited for them under false pretenses of road surface and top speed isn't acceptable in the slightest, and even without the violence i think we would still be hearing about just this. 

Whether or not he voted or agreed in whatever way, since ASRA did not organise or run the race (only lent timing gear and helped out) the decision to ban a competitor had to be made by the organisers (GSE), not Haggy.

I know, it's just that GSE's practically only defence in this thread so far has been that Haggy suggested it.

But you are right, it is irrelevant whether Haggy supported or opposed the ban in this instance.

I drove up with Ben also, however we arived satday morn and we didnt catch any of the previous events.

But from our expereance we had an awsome time!, the road was rough, sure, but it was still verry verry ridable, by our second run we had our boards runing pretty good, we got plenty of runs, so many in fact that my legs where buggered for the race day! Tim was unbelivably welcoming, and we found our selfs spending alot of time with lugers and butboarders, but then we are fairly detached from the rest of the stand up sence where we are down south.

a $100 well spent for me....

Ben Shane said:

so much hate :(

I just wanna say some positive stuff. I had a good time. I really enjoyed meeting all the friendly people, skates, luge, organisers, volunteers, spectators and cooks. I gained alot of experience over the weekend, and am not disappointed at all. I got some good time on the track, and had a good time. Much planning went into this, and it shows. Thanks Tim for your hospitality. Thanks weather for being just good enough.

Peace

are you shitting me? it was the worst road ive ever riden... the only thing that made the w/e worth while was the skating before and after the event!

Like a episode of neighbours.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dx0Shn5Hvpc

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service