ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Once again, the Hopkin Skate video competition is upon us! This time we are going to do something a little different. Again we will be judging on your cinematography and editing skills but there will also be a checklist of things that MUST be included in your video for it to count.
Here is the gnar that must be included in the video:

- Perform a heelside AND toeside standup slide on a dirt road in the same shot
- Get 3 different angles of someone bombing a hill in a dinner suit
- An early grab into water (swimming pool, river or ocean)
- Rally down at least 8 stairs (where you ride down the stairs, no early grabbing or airs)
- Get a hug from a carpark security guard
- Ride through a crowded shopping mall
- Do a 180 standup slide and a 180 revert (where you slide back to regular) in a dress.
- Include a quick interview with your mum asking her what she thinks about her son skateboarding
- A shot of the Hopkin logo somewhere in the video, extra points for the logo to be sticker slapped in public or spray painted or even drawn on ('No Skateboarding' signs work the best)
- A helmet must be worn by every person in the video in all shots, even when your not skating (including your mum when you interview her, and the carpark security guard) Extra points for funky helmets such as the Daddow Devil Horns, helmets with Afros or Mow-Hawks, ect.

Each video must be no longer than 4 minutes and can be submitted by uploading to a video hosting website (such as youtube, vimeo, asra ect) and send a link to me and i will embed the entries into this post.

Now for the good part, the prizes! The winner will receive a Rayne Vendetta deck! Second place will get a Norfin Manta deck, and 3rd place will get a Madrid Bubbler.

Entries will close on the 9th of May

1st Entry from Meddii Blackburn: (was an awesome video but didnt finish the 8 stairs)

2nd Entry from Ben Westover: (although not all tasks were completed he still needs some recognition for such a rad video!)

Ben's Hopkin Video Competition Entry from Ben Westover on Vimeo.

3rd Entry Merrick Wildash and AJ Hare:

4th entry by owen:

Views: 409

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

maybe you should start with the hug then. haha

Dylan Danger Batty said:
macqaurie uni is just over the road from macqaurie center, it has a small lake on campus and a few small dirt roads around the carpark. i reckon i could pull off the whole thing in around 3 shots at the most.unfortunately, from what ive heard, skating in the macqaurie center is like the worst thing you could do.... the security are arse holes who just love to shit on all your fun.
3 shots at the most will definately not get you the win unless you had some hecticly crazy story board and film planing (and dont forget editing) to go with it... if you do it in under 4 mins you do not get extra points, however if the video is longer than 4 mins it does not quality as an entry

Dylan Danger Batty said:
macqaurie uni is just over the road from macqaurie center, it has a small lake on campus and a few small dirt roads around the carpark. i reckon i could pull off the whole thing in around 3 shots at the most.unfortunately, from what ive heard, skating in the macqaurie center is like the worst thing you could do.... the security are arse holes who just love to shit on all your fun.
This is going to be EPIC to watch.
awesome. THis is going to be sweet
no entries as of yet... only 4 weeks to go!
There is a lot of people saying how awesome this will be but the world isn't built on spectators.

GET YA FARKN VIDEOS IN PIMPS
it can be done in one weekend...
are the rules for real jacko,
will points be deducted for not doing shit,
all rules have to be done including getting Mrs McWinnie to film herself wearing a helmet for the entry to be valid
man, tough rules!
robbo - let's make a video, the unofficial ASRA contribution!
Perform a heelside AND toeside standup slide on a dirt road in the same shot

Would it count if it was a 180?
theres one week left to enter the comp. boards and prizes will go unclaimed if no one enters. pretty poor effort here

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service