ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

how fast could this go? like say i flipped the grizzlies too 47 degrees with the 925 would it work as a speedboard?   im just thinking if i spend lots on a board i want to make sure it can do everything i might try :)
i sprained my ankle so i have lots of time to look on the internet at boards for the next few weeks, unfortunately i wont be able to actually skate anywhere :-(

Views: 74

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hahaha "how fast could this go"!!! Now I've seen every thread possible on ASRA
Of course it would work, I think you need to read hopkins blog ;)
its sad cause i only read it last night and forgot about it lol :-/

Hop: This deck has a new type of concave, gas pedal/wedge down the side. How does that come into play when a skater is freeriding?
Mike: The gas pedals are something I have been rambling on about for years. I use to make them out of hot glue and shape the glue with ice cubes. I will go out on a limb and say that 90% of people hang their heel or toe off the side of their board when free-riding so I wanted something to stand on when we did.
The gas pedal is new and its cool to be the first to implement it in to our board design, I think that in the future we will see it on a lot of boards.

Hop: A lot of new longboarders will be looking at this deck carefully. Maybe it will be their first deck, getting into downhill and freeride. Most want to know if this deck is a good beginners deck or is it more for an experienced longboarder? Will the design help them master different types of sliding and cornering?
Mike: I hope they look at the deck carefully as there is a lot to look at. The builders and myself picked apart every element of the board and tweaked it until we were happy. Once the board is pressed with symmetrical W concave, it gets CNC cut, 3 router passes to get the shape we want on the nose, tail, wheel wells and the wedges. Then they get seamlessly blended by hand. Making the board is a very complicated process, but we all feel that it is worth the trouble, the product that comes out, is something to be very proud of.
I don't think that this board is something for experts or beginners only, good design just works. Any rider who rides the board will benefit from all the features. The Free-ride movement is a pretty new thing to to the longboard and is constantly evolving. Right now there are two big trends in free-riding. The first being slower speed tech stuff like shove-its, stand up pendys and slashing. The extended foot platform and wedges help pop and stomp the tech stuff. The second trend is the amplitude, over the last year the speed of free-riding has gone through the roof. The added length (.75") of the wheel base gives a little extra stability at higher speeds and helps lock in big, fast and scary speed checks and lets the rider have more control to drift through corners, as apposed to doing a revert before it.
I feel that anyone who rides the board will get some use out of all the features. I really wanted one board for DH and free-ride. As long as the rider wants to get in to the downhill side of longboarding then this deck will meet their needs whether they are a beginner, expert or racer.

epic thread fail when i got an email with the answer in it. *sigh*
it can go only 48k's... if you run it with bear grizzleys flipped it maxes out speed at 48k's. if u wanna go faster you have to put Kahalanis on it, then you can probs hit about 70k's but i've heard it maxes out at about 72... however if you want to go faster you put maguns on it (first re-drill the bolt pattern) and then the top speed becomes around 107.23km/h, however it has a MINIMUM speed of 25k's so be careful when you put it on the ground coz it will just shoot away from you, you have to jump on it real quick. hope that helps
yeah fuck that ive tried those maguns on a hellcat literally put one foot on the board and it was gone, theyre too unpredictable
i heard maguns were twitchy because they dont have a spherical. comments? xD

but honestly though would this work as a dedicated speedboard?
thats the funniest shit ever jacko! *shoot away from you, you have to jump on it real quick.* bahaha
It can go at 220km/h on sunny days, but when it's rainy probably about 353.769km/h. But only if you flip them twice and you MUST use it as a speedboard. Be careful of what Jacko said, you might have to run/jump onto it so that you don't immediately stack.
nah man, wont work as a speedboard, if you dedicate it to speedboarding it just wont roll. you will have to pick it up and walk down the hill coz it just wont work.

seriously though dude. yes, it will 'work'... fuck a landyachtz dingy can 'work' as a speedboard if you got enough skill to ride it!

And whoever told you that about maguns obviously has never even ridden on them or in fact know anything about them. In his theory kahalanis, aeras, girzzleys, randals, paris, trackers, crails, and all those trucks without sphericals must be twitchy. its not the trucks being twitchy, its the lack of skill to ride a skateboard that makes them twitchy

so back to the setup, how fast can it go? i dunno man how fast do you want to go? there is no 'speed limit' to what ever trucks/wheels you put on, it comes down to YOUR SKILL... it really makes me sad when i see questions asked like this. maybe just use a little common knowledge before asking a question like this next time ok? usually if you just think for a second you will realize that you wont even need to ask the question, and realize you just need to get off the computer and go ride your skateboard

Jack Nolan said:
i heard maguns were twitchy because they dont have a spherical. comments? xD

but honestly though would this work as a dedicated speedboard?
how fast could this go? hehe how big is the hill?
how long is a piece of string?
poor fella could still be wonderin..
The board will work for downhill at any speed you are capable of.
But seriously... stupidest thread ever
i dunno aj.
second hand skate tool was pretty funny....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service