ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Just wondering is a glyde praxis a board with a lot of flex or not
and what the specs for it as well

Views: 303

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Pete I managed to be lucky enough to get a Praxis. Having built custom boats and fine timber furniture for 9 years and having extensive experience in frp/timber vac bagging(composite tec by trade) was very impressed with the level of care and detail taken in the manufacture of the board top job mate. Some more info if anyone was interested.. I have the 7ply with 2 layers of glass and have set it up with kahas wedged 7degrees both ends with reflex pink/light orange bushings, and 75mm orange in-heats. I'm only doing a bit of freeriding on it up to abt 50ks but will go faster when my shldrs totally good:) The board is uber responsive due to the nice amnt of flex in it and the shape underfoot feels exceptional to. The Japanese lady graphic is sublime and wish i wasn't so pov so i could get one to hang on the wall to..
Pete doesnt build the praxis and gnosis
Steve Daddow Does

Mark Giffard said:
Hey Pete I managed to be lucky enough to get a Praxis. Having built custom boats and fine timber furniture for 9 years and having extensive experience in frp/timber vac bagging(composite tec by trade) was very impressed with the level of care and detail taken in the manufacture of the board top job mate. Some more info if anyone was interested.. I have the 7ply with 2 layers of glass and have set it up with kahas wedged 7degrees both ends with reflex pink/light orange bushings, and 75mm orange in-heats. I'm only doing a bit of freeriding on it up to abt 50ks but will go faster when my shldrs totally good:) The board is uber responsive due to the nice amnt of flex in it and the shape underfoot feels exceptional to. The Japanese lady graphic is sublime and wish i wasn't so pov so i could get one to hang on the wall to..
ahh sweet didnt realise that top boards anyways!

charlie harris said:
Pete doesnt build the praxis and gnosis
Steve Daddow Does

Mark Giffard said:
got a new praxis, its very solid
Hey guys, I have riden and seen the praxis and gnosis, but haven't really seen any other glyde boards, How about turning this thread into something constructive, and giving groms like me photos and specs of the boards.

I know people like to point out that you can go online and check it out on google, but I thought it might be good to have a comprehensive collection of all the rad boards gylde makes, or used to make.
i've had a very hard time finding any info on glyde boards, few pics on silverfish and that's it.
what do you need to kno tom?
just when i was looking around for a downhill board was trying to find specs on glyde boards and what glyde boards there were besides the dilligaf. i gave up in the end and bought a hellcat... now after the weekend i'll have cams dilligaf too and i can work it out myself :)
if your after a glyde praxis or gnosis,contact Steve Daddow,...im 99% sure he has boards 4 sale atm.
So I mounted some saber trucks on my praxis last night, tryed dropthrough and topmount, and still got wheel bite on 70mm wheels when even with my bushings cranked real tight, tryed both venom and sabre barrel bushings, if you wish to use sabres with barrel bushings on one of these you will need to modify the wheel cutouts, cant be redrilled at a different wheelbase due to cut out shape.

has anyone tryed eliminators in sabers?
glyde will be back very soon my friend with a new website and the new line of decks available.....hold on where coming
elims are crap in sabres from my experience, tons and tons of slop..
but thats pretty much the case with all elims, get the new randal bushings.... way better...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service