ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Got some flatspotted, coned, and/or ovaled wheels? I can true them up for you.

The surface finish I am able to achieve is similar to that of slide prepped wheels.

I can also modify the profile of your wheels for you, If you want round, chamfered, or square edges on your wheels, I can do it.

If you have a worn set of wheels with now unsupported edges, I can square them up again, it just costs you a little bit of width.

Grooved wheels for rain? I can do it. I wont touch the new section of the wheel so you still have untouched thane for your contact patch.

Heck if you want me to cone your wheels for you, I can even do that too.

NOTE. the smaller the flatspot the less wheel I will have to take away to match it.

I am a trade qualified fitter and machinist and all work will be performed on a lathe.

I am not attempting to make copious amounts of cash from this but it would be nice if it helped me buy a set of wheels here and there, so price list is:

$5 for wheel truing. per set of 4.
$5 for wheel modifying. per set of 4.
$20 for wets.
plus enough to post them back to you.

Send your wheels to

Phil Bartlett
112 Lord Howe Drive
Ashtonfield 2323 NSW

include clear instructions of what work you want performed, to aid the speedy return of your wheels.

Payment: either include the cash inside your package, or paypal (philipbartlett@hotmail.com)

If you have any questions or concerns contact me via this thread/PM

Tags: fix, flatspot, lathe, machining, modify, oval, wheel

Views: 355

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Cool, not a prob. I am currently riding blueys fir freeride myself and love them nice choice.

Adam said:
Hey mate I am buying some cones bluesy and getting them Darby to you the I will post you a self addressed bag with some money in it.

Look pretty trashed but for 25 bucks delivered to you and then your price and delivery and i get a rad set of free rides for pretty cheap. they have a few chips on the inner edge so but they are gunna get trashed any way.

"them Darby to you " don't know what i was thinking there "delivered to you". damn phone predicta text.

Oh yeah, can i send you a "skatement" sticker to put on ya helmet or something to advertise me boards too.

Sure mate sounds good!

Adam said:

Look pretty trashed but for 25 bucks delivered to you and then your price and delivery and i get a rad set of free rides for pretty cheap. they have a few chips on the inner edge so but they are gunna get trashed any way.

"them Darby to you " don't know what i was thinking there "delivered to you". damn phone predicta text.

Oh yeah, can i send you a "skatement" sticker to put on ya helmet or something to advertise me boards too.

what sort of lathe would you use for wheels??
I use a metal lathe, but anything that spins would work if you can rig it up correctly.
I gotta tell ya phill is the real deal my blueys came backnat 61 mm and rad as considering they looked really bad now they rip.
man i got some flat spots on ma wheels, so if i just send them in to ya with the money you'll fix 'em right up and send 'em back? sounds sweet
thats the deal bro. postage is usually between 10 and 15 bucks each way on the east coast.

eh phil, i got a set or two of mighty flatspotted wheels here,

the thing is, i have access to a lathe, but i have no clue how im going to mount the wheel,

its just a normal wood turning lathe, so i have absolutely no idea how im going to get it to stay on the lathe,

how long does it take? just so we have an idea of how long i'd be down a set of wheels

hey guys

bad news ,my boss has asked me to give the wheels a rest, and due to the fact that I'm applying for jobs at the moment, I dont want to cause a stink (I am quite within my rights to do wheels at work in my own time however, but yeah). so have to have a hiatus from the wheel machining.

I will be back just give it a little time

thanks.

Flatspot Phil

matthys

I use a lathe that has a 3 jaw chuck to hold the mandrel that I mount the wheels on, Im not sure of how a wood lathes headstock is configured sorry mate, I think you will need to make something that goes in the headstock that will hold the wheels securely.

FLATSPOT PHILS SERVICES ARE TEMPORALLY  UN AVAILABLE.

ANY WHEELS I RECEIVE ATM WILL BE RETURNED TO SENDER.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service