ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Just wondering how long durians actually last coz people say they wear really quick but how long do they actually take? want to use them for easy sliding and lite DH

Views: 112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dani said:
Dont ruin this for me Leigh. I wanted to see him buy Gumballs.

in that case, Gumballs are friggin awesome!!!!!
Your both hilarious and oh so helpful

leighgriffiths said:
Dani said:
Dont ruin this for me Leigh. I wanted to see him buy Gumballs.

in that case, Gimballs are friggin awesome!!!!!
I weigh about 64kg if that means anything
dude, how much sliding have you done so far? if the answer is barely any sliding (which i assume is the case), then the durians will last you a long, long time. its not until you start getting the right technique sorted and busting high speed slides that you will start wearing your wheels in the same way you hear good riders do.

have you tried searching the forums of Silverfish Longboarding? i'm sure kids have asked the same exact question over there hundreds of times with plenty of other kids willing to answer it.
ive done enough to break in my 75a s9 wheels so that they will slide easily

leighgriffiths said:
dude, how much sliding have you done so far? if the answer is barely any sliding (which i assume is the case), then the durians will last you a long, long time. its not until you start getting the right technique sorted and busting high speed slides that you will start wearing your wheels in the same way you hear good riders do.

have you tried searching the forums of Silverfish Longboarding? i'm sure kids have asked the same exact question over there hundreds of times with plenty of other kids willing to answer it.
lime retro freerides will last the longest but are a pretty icy slide at high speeds, go the flashbacks they are a rad slide wheel but they wear a little quick if bust it hard..and dont bag the gumballs we rode em for years..
it only takes 3 or 4 decent pendies to break in a set of wheels mate.

leeso said:
dont bag the gumballs we rode em for years..

gumballs were great, until newer better wheels became available (ie bigzigs right through to the freerides). i tried my old gumballs a few weeks ago after slashing around on my durians and i nearly vomited. they seem to do tiny hops through the entire slide. wheel design has come a long way since then.
ah yes, i remember when bigzigs were considered decent slide wheels LOL
they look sick i reckon ill just order my new board with the durians then buy the retro freerides

Ching said:
yeah the retro freerides last forever...and they're cheaper!

and yes your weight does make a difference. im about 50kg and a set of wheels last me FOREVER.
yeah i rember the first day i rode big zigs..soo nice,,then jezzas was like 'oh bru those weels are sic ey' and i dont think any of us even looked at the gumballs again..ive still got a set of limted edition pinks in the plastic,,they will stay there..
Haha...Your second point about them is correct IMO though.

Dani said:
Try Gumballs, they slide really well and last forever.

I have a problem with my new wheels though (Gravity Drifters). When I am going fastish on road, they slide so smoothly and I can get a really controlable slide. However, going slowly, or in carparks, I can only get down small colemans and toeside 180s which steal all of my speed. I can sometimes get heelside standers which are quick and don't last long.

I didn't have this trouble at all on my Gumballs, they drifted very easily in the slower stuff. Do you think it is the new wheels? Or am I a silly duffer?
IDK...but when I slide my Drifters on the road it is long and smooth, and I can get up with a bit of speed still (so long as I don't hold the slide until it stops). But my Gumballs are quite opposite and I can't control them much. Except when I am going slow and in carparks when I find it easy to slide.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service