ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Instead of dishing out 150 bucks for an Indoboard, why not make one yourself?

I spent a week trying to buy one of these farkers in brazil, not a single surf, skate or sports store knew what i was talking about, so i decided to make one.

What you will need:

1. A sheet of plywood as thick and as long you want your balance board to be, Mine is about a metre long and 14 inches [36cm] wide.

2. Two strips of plywood 5cm wide and the same length as your board is wide.

3. A piece of PVC pipe 36cm long and 110cm wide.

4. Screws, Screwdriver and some duct tape.

Heres what you gotta do, its pretty damn simple.

Take the board and screw the two strips of ply on the bottom at each end:

These act as stoppers so you cant roll the board off the roller.

Then you take the PVC pipe and wrap duct tape around the pipe on each end, it should look something like this.

And the finished product:

I sanded the corners of my board down to avoid ankle killing, i would advise doing so as these things cause carnage ;)

Now i get to go spend 3 weeks in a jungle with no paved roads. Gonna be a lot of dirt boarding and extreme indoboard gnar.

Hope you find this helpful, skateordie.

Gabe

Tags: DIY, balance, board, fuckyeah, gnar, indoboard, indoor, make, scbs, skate

Views: 5173

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

yeah u really need the stoppers.
indo boards are EPIC tuck trainers... i used a make-shift one for about 2 weeks before getting back into DH, and i got a propper one about 4 days before, and tried to hold my tuck as long as i could on it as many times a day i could fit.
first session at pie in the sky (a leg burner run) my legs held up better than the other boys, and i haddnt ridden my board in over 4 months!
Yew, indoboard video comp, sounds good bro.

leeso said:
rad bro....ok then lets see some footage..... im putting out the challege,,ill get mine out of the shed...bring it
lets see you tuck sideways on the roller...that shit will test ya

Jacko said:
indo boards are EPIC tuck trainers... i used a make-shift one for about 2 weeks before getting back into DH, and i got a propper one about 4 days before, and tried to hold my tuck as long as i could on it as many times a day i could fit.
first session at pie in the sky (a leg burner run) my legs held up better than the other boys, and i haddnt ridden my board in over 4 months!
Spend about an hour practising that today, after about 5 minutes i decided to wear a helmet, wayyy gnarlier than bombing hills!
Almost landed a cross-step while it was sideways, so fucking hard!

leeso said:

Jacko said:
i tried that once at your house... and ate shit

leeso said:

Jacko said:
Sick man, best tuck training eva.
Don't know how to put up link but check out Youtube "awesome indoboard girl"

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service