ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Hey was wondering if there was any decent ditch skating areas in the Melbourne area??

Cheers

Views: 3166

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

AHHHH CORIO!!! the mines of moria!

busting a 5/0 in the key holes gota be one of my greatest skating moments!

one of the raddest places i've ever skated - melton

http://www.skateboardracing.org.au/profiles/blogs/south-o-da-border...

Hey dudes. These ditches your talking about sound rad. Any chance of basic directions from St Albans Train Station or whichever station is closest? Oh and and some of my local ditch spots are down in Kooyong under the freeway-theres a Mad Hip if you keep walking up stream from the road, though you gota watch out for the steepness of the banks, and the canal in the middle....

Oliver, on Australia day, catch a train to Springvale.
Skate to the north, up Sprinvale rd.
Turn left at Centre rd
Ditch is about 800 m.
Racing starts at 3pm, best on long deck with soft wheels.

Melton is still a washout and you will need a car to get to it.
Swanson street Bulleen also has a vintage snake run, just made for longboards.

Is that pic you have used near the Tulla freeway?

Sweet. Cheers bro. Yeah thats me and my mate frenchy on the high wall at Flem Banks. You head into the drains, continueing along the freeway for about half a K. We skitched a bike and held onto each and rode the wall all the way to the top still holding onto each other. was pretty mad. haha. And Springy on Australia Day sounds mad, and Bulleen is my end, so will definatly have to try and find that one! Any directional pointers for Bulleen? haha and another question (i know, i type alot) any ideas or directions for the Ditch at Deer Park???

Cheers for all your help dude.

Hahaha. so i'm gona do this again, cause i'm pretty hopeless with things like this. First up you mean Bulleen near Templestowe, Box Hill or Kew East yeah? Secondly is there any chance you could give us directions from any train, tram or bus stop near by? Really appreciate it dude. Cheers.

Swanston st bulleen.....Google map it
Or look it up on the park finder on hateboard.com.au
Don't know the ditch at deer park.
Again google maps is the start.

Wicked. thanks for you help mate.

Hey Guys. Me again. Me and my mates are looking for some more/new ditch riding spots. Anyone know/is able to giveme basic directions to where the ditches at St Albans are? Google Maps doesn't tend to map rad ditches....

Oh, and the St Albans/Deer Park Drains-does anyone know if theres a canal in the middle or what?

Yes most of the western drains have a wet channel in the middle just like Tulla. If google maps does not show that detail, try nearmap.com

alright. Cheers Bernie. Oh and for the record me and me mates are drivin up to  the warrum ponds snake run, then melton on the trip home! Hahaha. Will have to post up the photos!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service