ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

I Have Heard There Are 2 Main Ways For The Overall Shape For The Full Face Custom Shield.

1. Being The Solid Shield That Is The Shape Of The Face Opening And Is Fastened To The Helmet
2. Is The Face Shield That Can Be Lifted Like A Normal Motorbike Helmet.

Im Looking At Doing The Opening Shield As In he Day I Like To Ware Sunglasses, But I Was Wanting To Know Of Any Handy Little Tips By Experience i.e. Tinting, Little Vents ect.

Tags: Face, Full, Helmet, Shield

Views: 225

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Have no idea probs just some kind of sticky tape or somethig like that
but it seems rigid enough to hold the polycarb in shape, no velcro
i have the same helmet as gilbert and i kept my polycarb in shape by heat molding it with my hair dryer.. i covered the air vent so it practically became a heat gun. Ghetto as but it worked well
I did my visor about a year ago and i haven't had any problems with it.

Its fastened in between the shell on the outside and the padding on the inside. The padding can be removed and is attached with buttons, so thats how the visor stays where it is.
is that helmet riding that board backwards?
yes, but i could be fibbing and it could actually be a Landy DHR
Leigh i have been wanting to know for ages how you manage to put your tint in with out it getting bubbles under neath, and cutting it in that perfect shape also just getting it to stick there i have tried doing it the proper car way by using soapy water and all that but it just hasn't worked out for me the best result i got was by putting the film in between to layers of polycarb.
When cutting out the visor, I added an extra bit to the sides which I shoved in between the helmet and the paddings. It can't be flipped up but it holds really well.

Yeah fendy i have a 661 comp, when i try and stick it just in the edges the tint it just gets scrunched up and my visor sits right in between the padding.
Where Do U Guys Get The Tint From It Looks Fit As?
from the place that doesnt write with capital letters at the start of each word....
haha i got mine off ebay from this guy:
Protinting supplies

couldnt really find many plastic stores that sell tint here.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service