ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

hey, so whats the deal with city to surf as a longboarder do u need to register? do u register for the walk or run.. or do you just 'sneak in' somehow... (preferably free! hehe)

Views: 291

Replies to This Discussion

I may have given bad advice. I cant see anything about bikes on the website, I have sent off a email asking about bikes (not skateboards).
Hey Shannon, some good advice there, yeah we don't want to get in the way of people... and don't want to cause and problems for others.. we need to find a way to join in that is not going to be dangerous to others.. so before or after bikes (if there are any) might be good... don't want to mess with the top runners!

also.. we could start off running (or walking) with skateboards on backpacks or something perhaps
they're not going to expect a whole bunch of skaters to rock up and just go for it well before the city-to-surfers, plus it is easier to stop just 4 skaters instead of a whole crew so they wouldve got stopped last time at the start, which they didnt.

my concerns are that because there'll be quite a few of us then there'd be more of a chance at the start (where the officials are) to get reported as a disturbance or if we're seen somewhere on the run by cops in a big pack we could potentially be watched like an eagle until they blockade and/or disperse us and then probably won't be able to finish the run and/or set up a Rebold Hill jam somewhere or an Outlaw or even a Stacker sesh if we all went back into the city :-/ so Tash's idea of starting further down I think is a wiser choice.

*takes a quick moment to dream* oh, the potential radness of skating with a mass crew....
so anyways, I'm in for doing it well before the city-to-surfers from Kings Park - the officials don't need to see us :-) therefore we'll pose a minimum threat of getting in the way/being part of the "no skateboard" event and also because if we had to wait for all the runners and the walkers and then allow time for when we were to go then that's a whole lot of time of loitering (which is not good, especially with a longboard) plus that's precious skating time :-)

also we could have a break while all the people (not on boards) complete it and then perhaps skate back straight after before they open up the roads again?

either that or there is a possibility we can all car pool and/or use public transport to get back so we can save our energy for perhaps another type of sesh as mentioned it above. after all, the best time for a stacker sesh is possibly a Sunday arvo? or perhaps we could even do a big Zig Zag or Peace Hill meet afterwards depending on where the majority of the crew can get to.

worse case scenario, because we're in a mob and skaters are well-known to be punks....... we'll have to check out the public transport availability so we can hitch a ride (not skitch lol) to city beach or just back to the city if we get told to leave by the cops.
ooooohhhhhh kkkkkk guys fuking chill and stop stressing ay i have done this before and everybody loved us. but yeh the idea of staying at the round about at kings park is a good call lets do that. ok the plan now is meet at kings park entrance and go from there anyone to pussy to do it get lost ok and no bikes ok. the runners are not fast ok and they wont catch us k. and y the FUCK did u email the fuckers shannen now they are gonna no and call the cops good on ya ay far out.
and dan it takes shit all to skate it cause its all down hill mostly and its still easy to get back ay
connor, take your own advice and chill out.

shannon won't get the cops called on us because he asked if bikes are allowed to enter, he didn't say that we will be skating from here at this time.

and next time you say k, i'm going to grab one of those big letters of a building and rammm it up yo ass. :D
kkkkkkkkkkkkkkk kk k k k k kKKKKKKKKKK K K K K!!!!!!!! hahaha :D

David Evans said:
connor, take your own advice and chill out.

shannon won't get the cops called on us because he asked if bikes are allowed to enter, he didn't say that we will be skating from here at this time.

and next time you say k, i'm going to grab one of those big letters of a building and rammm it up yo ass. :D
okay you asked for it buddy. you should probs pre lube your ass, gonna be a tight squeeze :D haha

but seriously, i think we needa stop worrying and just go and do it. if any problems arise well we shall cross that bridge when we get to it. :P
Im going with Dans plan.

Connor, I asked about push bikes, and as a single person.
arrr.. good ol' teen angst :-)

bra.. just chill, k bra.. chill bra, k!

connor, us older blokes are jus making sure everyone is seeing the bigger picture ok, it's only cos we care.
and we are like a family, k bra ;-) it's good to look out for crew. when you get older you care more, hence why its harder for us older blokes getting into it to try all the 'crazy shit' you younger guys are doin.

this is gonna be awesome, pat on the back for you for posting this idea.
so cant wait!
catcha soon bra, k ;-)

Connor Brown said:
ooooohhhhhh kkkkkk guys fuking chill and stop stressing ay i have done this before and everybody loved us. but yeh the idea of staying at the round about at kings park is a good call lets do that. ok the plan now is meet at kings park entrance and go from there anyone to pussy to do it get lost ok and no bikes ok. the runners are not fast ok and they wont catch us k. and y the FUCK did u email the fuckers shannen now they are gonna no and call the cops good on ya ay far out.
wait a minute.. what time does this thing start in the morning? isnt it like REEEEEALY early?
Was thinking last year while walking it how fun boarding would be hah
And yeah starts nice and early

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service