ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Thought I'd start a discussion about what equipment/techniques/ideas/etc. you all use to get the right shot when making those awesome skating videos.
it would also be a good place to ask any questions or talk about any problems relating to equipment, software, whatever.

Tags: Camera, Equipment, Videos

Views: 142

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I use the adhesive mounts on my charly helmet.. Pretty sturdy..

Hamish said:
with the go pro mount u reckon u could use the sution cup mount on a full face helmet or do most people use the adhesive mount?
You can generally fit the helmet strap, comes with the Helmet Hero, to a fullface helmet if you want to share it around and not have to swap helmets.

Hamish said:
with the go pro mount u reckon u could use the sution cup mount on a full face helmet or do most people use the adhesive mount?
has any body used the contour HD and have any reviews or anything about it. I guess it would be crap for anything except helmet mounted filming coz it doesnt have the screen.
http://www.harveynorman.com.au/product/1255509350091/panasonic-dmc-...

That panasonic Lumix looks awesome for filming mini skate movies.
contour HD is a good camera but its not all its hyped up to be. the picture is great, i had one but i wasnt mega un-happy with it and sold it to get a POV1.5 (before Go Pro HDs came out). The auto-exposure is just not sensitive enough and if you are shooting through lots of trees (like the aussie bush we have) then the flashing lights from all the shaddows you move through kinda fucks everything out, and the auto-exposure just goes for the blue sky and blacks all the action out. also you have to be shooting on a perfect day, if its slightly overcast its too dark and focuses on the sky. its not shock-resistant either so you cant mount it on your board coz of the vibrations. GoPro HD is the shit, there is nothing that can compare as far as skate cameras go, unless your a serious film maker and want to use a broadcast quality camera and propperly set up shots (i.e rigging off cars, static tri-pod shots bla bla bla)

Jay Capellari said:
has any body used the contour HD and have any reviews or anything about it. I guess it would be crap for anything except helmet mounted filming coz it doesnt have the screen.
just for all you gear buff's
http://www.pursuitsystems.com/crane.html
all i can say is fuck me fuck me fuck me that is awsome , im in bangkok airport on my honeymoon and my wife said no skate shit for the whole honeymoon, but i have to commennt on that ,

Jacko said:
check out the loaded in R.E.D vid that i posted for the footage from that, its downright amazing

Jacko said:
i checked it out but it was the wrong video. they must have updated that website and put in another video instead. can u find the other video of the skating im dying to see how it looks
jacko, did you watch till the end? thats all thats come out, i been trolling the red users forum trying to find more but thats all they put out so far
oh ok yeah i didnt watch till the end i got slow as fuck internet right now. i'll let it load and check it out. cheers for posting that

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service