ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Maybe someone can help before I send them back. Bough Calibers yesterday, received them today. Hopkin are amazing. Anyway one of the trucks is makign a creaking noise.
First off:
Yes I have tried putting soap shavings in the pivot cup.
Yes I know its not the washers, because I rode the trucks without washers.
I know its not the wheels because I swapped the hangers around.
Its only one of the trucks and it is really loud, not like squeaky bushigns loud but metal grinding loud. I love the feel of them though. Most likely sending it back tomorow, but If anyone coudl help me in advance please do, I have tried everything.

Views: 251

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Mate, no offence like, but if noisey trucks bothers you that much you want to send them back, then no one is gonna be able to you help. Send em back and maybe the next set wont make a noise.
if it really bothers you, get this dry lube stuff, it's in a stick thing i dont know where to buy it but just get it and put it on every part of your truck that moves or has things moving on it
could be ur bearings done up really tight, tale out ur bearings, put them back in again and see how they go

its most likely the kingpin...

swap the kingpins in the trucks, take them for a ride, and see what happens...

check for slop in the kingpin hole...

also make sure your riding the trucks with the kinpin nut on the outside..

dry graphite lube from automotive suppliers or moly grease, makes things quiet and smooth, it is tried and trued on automotive suspension nolathane and urethane components, there are lots of suppliers around to find

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molybdenum_disulfide

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370496153131

if that doesn't work then send em back :)

You do realise that there is guy who is sponsored by calibre trucks living in Canberra right? You could have got him to take a look...

what?

who???

Aaron rides for calibre, he sais hes never had a problem with them.
Thats why i use gunmetals :)
gunbendables???
i like having straight trucks...

Not the beautiful V2's

Matthys said:

gunbendables???
i like having straight trucks...

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service