ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Caliber 50s 10" or Bear 852s for freeride/downhill?

hey guys, im confused as to whether i should get Caliber 50s or Bears for my new EW road killer. i have 83a otangs.

any suggestions?

Views: 2031

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

or possibly even Sabre 190mm 45*?

anyone?

ive got 50s on the grass luge(8ball) they take a hammering but hack it and seem to work well it got no idea what there like on a board

Bear 840s

i d be going the calibers! i reckon they ve got a way nicer feel than bears! all personal preference tho man!

Yes. Freeride radness. Slightly divey but for me it makes up for the loss of leverage with a drop deck such as the EWRK. 

Go that or Caliber 44s for the extra stability when you want some DH action.

Sure, you didn't ask about either of these trucks but you want something good for FR/DH and they're versatile for both.

James Hull said:

anyone?

I'd go calibers.  Almost symetrical pivot cup makes for a really controllable dive when you are going fast.  

so you're saying the Sabre's are pretty good? would they be fine for sliding and stuff as well?

The Dave said:

Yes. Freeride radness. Slightly divey but for me it makes up for the loss of leverage with a drop deck such as the EWRK. 

Go that or Caliber 44s for the extra stability when you want some DH action.

Sure, you didn't ask about either of these trucks but you want something good for FR/DH and they're versatile for both.

James Hull said:

anyone?

Any truck is fine for sliding. The turn on the sabres will make it easier to carve into a slide.

Caliber 50s

get calibers and slap on some saber bushings for that extra feel.

thanks for your help guys!

I ended up getting Sabres for a little more downhill stability and the Calibers were sold out haha

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service