ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Well Things are starting to get wrapped up here at BTB HQ.

We'd just like to say a big thank you to everyone who made the effort to come up and ride our fabulous hill.
Townsville is a long way to travel but we hope you all enjoyed yourselves.

A big thank you to all those who pitched in and helped setup and take down the base camp and hay bales.

Another big thank you to Murr, those who don't know, Murr stayed up on the hill over Saturday night whilst fighting the mossies, and saved us from pulling down the marquees.

A shout out to Pete hill, we're glad to hear you're ok bro.

A shout out to the Photographers and Filmers, without you guys those who didn't come wouldn't have known what they missed.

A big thank you to our volunteers and drivers!
Linda (My mum), Warren (my Bro), Colin and Peter, Phil - our driver, Morrie - our medic.

A massive shout out to all our sponsors:
Cre8ive Sk8 - Without Ado this event would have never got off the ground.
Bunnings Warehouse - All the safety gear.
Meteor - Car and Truck Rentals - A great ute, and a great Marquee
Doug Edes Party Hire - The Awesome Marquee
Kennards Hire - When you needed to a number 1 or 2, these guys provided the loo.
Olbis Communications - The Radio guys
Key Motors (these guys supplied us with the vehicles to get you guys up the hill)
Coral Sea Containers - The container made packing up so easy.
Aitkenvale PCYC - The tables, chairs, safety mats.
Townsville City Council - For granting us road closure to hold this awesome event.

Thanks to Mic White, Sparks Buttboards, and Dave Kelly at FSU, for putting up things to auction to help raise money.

Thanks to the ASRA Crew, These guys struggled setting up the SGS course, but in the end nailed it.
You guys will be able to set up any course now! These guys also donated the SGS fees to the Prostate Cancer Foundation as well. Thanks Guys your SGS was unreal!

The Final amount raised was $5500. Not a cent went back into our own pockets.

If you would like to purchase a shirt please let us know, shirts are $35 including postage, and money raised will go to the prostate cancer foundation.

If you're interested in a shirt send us your details to beatthebastard09@gmail.com

If you have any questions or feedback please just drop us an email.

Thanks again from the committee!
- Michaela, Ado, Elena, Andy, Clayski and Grits.

Tags: 09, Bastard, Beat, The, events

Views: 55

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Shattered I couldnt be there guys but it looked like one hell of a weekend. Raising $5,500 is something for you all to be proud of. Lets hope it happens again.
good stuff grits,reckon now that its done and the words out youll raise double if not more next year, cant speak for others but i would pay well above the $60 we paid for the privilege to ride that hill over and over again, heck, next time i could break a leg instead of a shoulder on the second last run and still go home grinning for weeks after.
everyone buy a stack of shirts and lets raise a little more,!still talkin about and frothin over that weekend,was a blast, thanx again to all involved,specially the commitee for takin it on n makin it great, see you all at newtons and hopfully again at BtB 2O1O,
Thank you guys for holding such a great event !!!! Thanks to the committee and crew for all there hard work . Thanks to the sponsors for there support . Cheers to all the riders who where there having FUN !! see ya next year ??? Pete is correct $ 60 is too cheep for that much enjoyment !!!
Yeah i agree with the above, great weekend and my tickets to BTB 2010 will be booked as soon as a date's announced! Great job on raising so much cash and Pete and Brad are right, i don't think many will complain about a higher entry fee for next year.

Well done again on an awesome weekend!
awesome work everyone, especially the organisers and the people who helped make it work. definitely willing to pay more for BTB 2010. we should make a goal for next year. i reckon it would be too easy to double that figure. lets try and triple it. :)
leighgriffiths said:
awesome work everyone, especially the organisers and the people who helped make it work. definitely willing to pay more for BTB 2010. we should make a goal for next year. i reckon it would be too easy to double that figure. lets try and triple it. :)

Guys,

I'd just like to say that as a comittee we were stoked to see everyone up here having a good time, and I for one would like to see this as an annual event. The fund raising side of the run was important to us and so we didn't take any expenses out of the income for the event, the committee covered all costs from their own pockets. Now, I would be happy to do that again if I am still able, but not sure about the others as it was a big impost on a young couple who are just getting started and a lady on a fluctuating income from investments. I'd like to think that most of the big outgoings we will be able to get sponsorship for next year (if we go ahead) but if not we may not be able to match this years figure. However, having said all that, here's hoping for bigger and better in 2010!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers all

Ado

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service