ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

OK, been here a couple of weeks and just awaiting my board and gloves in the mail. I'm looking for some like minded folks to skate with. Preferably those who want to slide but I'm up for a bit of all skateboarding antics.

I'm in Semaphore, Adelaide and have wheels (in garage) so will be able to get places. Even if you can't meet up if anyone can suggest a hill spot that I'm unlikely to get arrested on (reading post on corkscrew Road) that would be swell. Ultimately I'm looking for a friendly slide crew to share some stoke with.

I've seen plenty of boarders about so don't be shy

www.myspace.com/philifeecs

woot woot

Tags: adelaide, longboard, longboarding, slide, sliders, sliding

Views: 2582

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Are you in Adelaide?

I have been skating since I was 16, sliding is all about controlling your speed / stopping. I can teach you no probs. You need slide gloves though... and a helmet (can borrow:). Knee and elbow are advised for the speedy stuff - it doesnt hurt falling off but you do get some stingy grases! It doesn't take long to learn and you can start gentley and work up to the faster slides. Once you have mastered it you can bomb any hill at a speed comfortable for you and then slide when your getting a bit to fast. I reckon (as long as you can stand on a board and push along) I could teach you to slide in a day.

Check out Sergio Yuppie and Cliff Colman. They're by far the masters of sliding. I was priveleged to skate with them both in the UK.

Do you have a car? no probs if not can always arrange pick ups. We mostly just session a small hill or go cruising or session a car park at night.

Erika Wiseman said:

No not one of them, but I'm probably just as hopeless! I can do only the most basic, but I haven't had the chance to get to places to practice going downhill which is what looks the most fun. ..how long did it take you to get the hang of if?
is that in Belair? trying to google it....

w. morph said:
a great place to get the hang of going downhill is brownhill creak road! you should give that one a crack! my girlfriend has been playing around on a board a bit and i may be able to persuade her to come out for a mellow session!
yeah i'm in Adelaide, and i do have use of a car.  ...i use to live in sydney which I guess had more things going on in terms of outdoor fun, and by looking at me you wouldn't guess i'd be into this in a million years, but i am so yeah, w.morph if you get your girlfriend to join you let me know : )  and philip yeah if your offering to teach i'm there!

philip thorn said:

Are you in Adelaide?

I have been skating since I was 16, sliding is all about controlling your speed / stopping. I can teach you no probs. You need slide gloves though... and a helmet (can borrow:). Knee and elbow are advised for the speedy stuff - it doesnt hurt falling off but you do get some stingy grases! It doesn't take long to learn and you can start gentley and work up to the faster slides. Once you have mastered it you can bomb any hill at a speed comfortable for you and then slide when your getting a bit to fast. I reckon (as long as you can stand on a board and push along) I could teach you to slide in a day.

Check out Sergio Yuppie and Cliff Colman. They're by far the masters of sliding. I was priveleged to skate with them both in the UK.

Do you have a car? no probs if not can always arrange pick ups. We mostly just session a small hill or go cruising or session a car park at night.

Erika Wiseman said:

No not one of them, but I'm probably just as hopeless! I can do only the most basic, but I haven't had the chance to get to places to practice going downhill which is what looks the most fun. ..how long did it take you to get the hang of if?
honestly dont care what level you are up to. For all I know you have no legs but I would teach you anyway!! I know what its like when its just you and no one else to skate with :(

Erika Wiseman said:
true. maybe if you guys come across any girls or guys who are starting out let me know, and no pressure but if you wouldn't mind a bystander one day just to see what you do i'll be up for it..  again i know no one into it and i'm just so keen to try so thanks for you're help already.
cool, you have my number i have yours, next time we go for a skate i will text you to see if you can make it. simply as that. 0439539048. i think this sunday could be a goer - we are have an anglo-columbian BBQ and skate sess - weather dependant...

Erika Wiseman said:
yeah i'm in Adelaide, and i do have use of a car.  ...i use to live in sydney which I guess had more things going on in terms of outdoor fun, and by looking at me you wouldn't guess i'd be into this in a million years, but i am so yeah, w.morph if you get your girlfriend to join you let me know : )  and philip yeah if your offering to teach i'm there!

philip thorn said:

Are you in Adelaide?

I have been skating since I was 16, sliding is all about controlling your speed / stopping. I can teach you no probs. You need slide gloves though... and a helmet (can borrow:). Knee and elbow are advised for the speedy stuff - it doesnt hurt falling off but you do get some stingy grases! It doesn't take long to learn and you can start gentley and work up to the faster slides. Once you have mastered it you can bomb any hill at a speed comfortable for you and then slide when your getting a bit to fast. I reckon (as long as you can stand on a board and push along) I could teach you to slide in a day.

Check out Sergio Yuppie and Cliff Colman. They're by far the masters of sliding. I was priveleged to skate with them both in the UK.

Do you have a car? no probs if not can always arrange pick ups. We mostly just session a small hill or go cruising or session a car park at night.

Erika Wiseman said:

No not one of them, but I'm probably just as hopeless! I can do only the most basic, but I haven't had the chance to get to places to practice going downhill which is what looks the most fun. ..how long did it take you to get the hang of if?

its just at the bottom of old belair road i think it would be in mitchem but nice unlined smooth road with a few different short DH sections of varying steepness nothing above 40 tho

thats so cool, thank you! be good to meet you guys.

and ps. I can bring my board and some gloves if all goes ahead.. anything else?

ooo lovely, I have had a few "brownhill Creak" moments!!!! tell me when you go there. I still have your number but to be honest havent had a worthy session to invite you to.  

w. morph said:

its just at the bottom of old belair road i think it would be in mitchem but nice unlined smooth road with a few different short DH sections of varying steepness nothing above 40 tho

hey thats cool man! i havnt been doing that much sliding atm much more DH! out ur side of town it might be worth t-ing up a golden grove exploring sesh! but a sunday BBQ at browhills 4 like a mellow beginner session sounds like a good plan!

im no meteorologist but I think the weather will be good this weekend http://www.weatherzone.com.au/sa/adelaide/adelaide 

 

So the plan is to scope out Brownhills Creek on Saturday for the best spot and then meet up Sunday at 10.30am - I will post a doctored googly map.

 

Fatso? /sweet beet - i think you said you were up for it - obviously you gotta come some way but we will be around till afternoon.

 

morph - you know the spot so if you can make sat or sun would be good to meet

 

Erika - if you can make it we will try and coax the girls to come but it is sunday nap time

 

http://maps.google.com.au/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geo...

 

^^^^^^

seems like a good place to meet up

 

 

 

HELMET

cool sounds like a fun sunday! i shall try 2 drag the girlfriend out of bet but might be challenging 2 get there by 10 30 as we have a party sat nite! will be there by arvo tho!

thats ok : ) great, i'll see you on sunday.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2019   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service