ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Hi All, Yes I am new to this forum and I just wanted to know what part of the skate racing community ASRA represents?? Is it all skate racing, Just Slalom, Just Downhill or what?? I noticed on the events page the only events in Australia are Slalom events.
Are there any plans to hold more events that include Downhill Skateboard, Streetluge, Classicluge etc.

I understand that ASRA held Newtons Playground and have the World cup in 2009 but what is happening in the meantime for local Downhill skaters and Streetluge riders??

As I said I am new to this site I don't want to cause waves. I am just curious becuase when I signed up it asked what sport I was interested in, Slalom, Giant Slalom, Ditch, Luge or Classic Luge and yet there only seems to be Slalom events?

Views: 133

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

agreed, we need to get onto SOMETHING whilst the embers are hot from newtons!

ps: NZ? whats the story? when/where/couch?etc...
Since reading some of these responses I have been considering trying to set up a race.
I've discussed it with a few other guys and thought it'd be cool to hold a race at Mt kiera near the Gong. This was Pat Brennans Idea years back and he has put alot of time in researching this idea, but at the time could not get insurance, despite the council there being all for an event.
I think it would be an ideal location starting just bellow queen elizabeth drive. There is a scout camp just near by that can be hired for camping and functions. It'd be cool to get the local scouts to even volunteer as track marshals. The guides also have a site on the road and may wish to be involved.

I am an extremely busy guy! I run a bakery with 18 employees so considering wether to take the plunge and commit to such an event I am still unsure of. I am also inexperienced in running a race but I am sure I could tackle it.
Is there anybody else who thinks a race here is do-able and is there anybody who would help to get something like this to happen?
I realise that at Newtons alot of the organisers did not get to race and for this reason it'd be good to organise an event where volunteers could rotate their roles on the race day so that everyone involved gets the chance to race! for example while downhill skateboarders are racing the lugers work as marshals then when lugers are racing skaters marshal etc. it could get complicated but i'm sure there'd be ways to make it happen!

Feel free to throw in opinions and ideas as long as something actually happens wether its at this location or else where we need to put talk into action!
Hey Phill

Pat spoke to me after the race last weekend about the possibilities of a Mt. Keira race.
I think it's an excellent idea. And we definitely need to have at least one proper downhill event before Newton's again in a year.
Insurance is not a problem anymore, so that hurdle is already tackled.
Call me 0417 499 404 and we can liaise with Pat about the best approach to get this going.
Last time he went through the local Tourism bureau, who then backed his proposal with the Council. This sounds like a sensible approach.
Let's get the ball rolling.
i am more than happy to help in any way i can, i have had allot of experience in organising events, though most where music related.

dazthecowboy@hotmail.com
0401 352 462

PEACE!

Daz
keira with no cars or beer trucks awesome
i think ive found a great venue, roughly one klm of all downhill bypassed section of highway that is now blocked off and managed by a car club for hillclimb races, tyre barriers on most sections with a couple of technical corners and one last big sweeping right hander at the end which looks like a mini forest elbow in reverse! In the middle of the bush with no one around for miles and the car club only runs a couple of events per year. Only checked it from afar today so unsure of the surface but i will go back after canberra and check it out
nathan said:
...managed by a car club for hillclimb races...
Yeah, these hillclimb sites seem to have a bunch of potential. I'd never heard of hillclimb before. They're doing it backwards.
ill be keen to check that out with you nath !!

nathan said:
i think ive found a great venue, roughly one klm of all downhill bypassed section of highway that is now blocked off and managed by a car club for hillclimb races, tyre barriers on most sections with a couple of technical corners and one last big sweeping right hander at the end which looks like a mini forest elbow in reverse! In the middle of the bush with no one around for miles and the car club only runs a couple of events per year. Only checked it from afar today so unsure of the surface but i will go back after canberra and check it out
hill climb tracks? oh hell yeah!!!

we just some races...we are currently trying to find somewhere in tassie that we think would be worth it and see what the councils are feeling...so far...nothing- but at least we are all trying!!!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service