ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Thanks for signing up. What are your thoughts? Does the site make sense? What do you think would make the place more useful or easier to understand?

Tags: meta, ning

Views: 1249

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dani said:

Ok, Im going for my second suggestion. Is it possible to block ''marketplace'' threads from popping up on the home page? Could there maybe be a link that takes you to another page that show all recent marketplace threads? Home page has offically turned into Ebay and I personally, find it crappy.

I understand, and agree. But there isn't an option for the "Latest Activity" to not show Marketplace posts, while showing other forum posts. It's all forums or none.

Perhaps we need some other way of separating out the Marketplace stuff...not having it in the forums?...I dunno.
Can "Marketplace" be added between "My page" and "Forums" on the top bar somehow?
The 'gear' secton of the forum has turned into its own little marketplace anyways

The matter of popular threads bumping other threads out of view by large amount commenting or replying should be addressed. 

Besides that its all ungedory

yeah the gear section is wearing a lot of posts that should be in marketplace ATM
I've just moved a bunch of threads from Gear to Marketplace. I should be tidying my house instead!

Fitz, it can, but it won't solve the problem. The Marketplace is, structurally, just one of the forums. I can put a link to any individual forum anywhere I want, but the Marketplace is still a forum, and all forum updates are included in the "Latest Activity".

Robert, it's always been a problem that the Gear forum is filled with other stuff. It happens a lot because it's the default forum option when you create a thread, and people don't always think to change the default.

Mack, that's a hard one to solve. You can always look at the forums page directly, as it is only updated by new threads, not individual posts, and so older things stay visible for longer.

In general, this site software has only a limited number of configuration options, and those limitations can be frustrating. But I like to get feedback on what people like/dislike so I can tinker with the options that do exist.

perhaps some naked women could do good here
womenboarding :)

how about deleting some of the older market place threads that have not had anything posted in them for 3 months say

when u search market place (for a particular board) it comes up with random ones from a year ago n stuff and it makes it hard to find any current ones

poor bugz has a life too though

Is this something you might be interested in?

mack said:

perhaps some naked women could do good here
womenboarding :)
nice tits

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service