ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

What a gloves are you guys wearing?

Views: 126

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

for sure leeso, we just take the gloves to a leather shop/ clothing repair place and if you give them the gloves and velcro...i think last time they did it on the spot...it was pretty cool of them actually.
How 'bout these apples......

Triple 8

Gravity (I just bought a pair of these off ebay for AUD60 & I only wanted the pucks)

And I want these Gravity replacement pucks ....

Seriously someone should make puck kits .....attach to any glove.......
the replacement pucks for gravity are so shite... its just resin.. they will wear out in 1 or 2 sessions...
Jacko said:
the replacement pucks for gravity are so shite... its just resin.. they will wear out in 1 or 2 sessions...

Dude,

1st, the pucks i got are delrin.
2nd, they are for my DH gloves

Taken direct from Gravity's page

What's all the hype about?

Well basically Gravity has taken slide gloves to the next level. Here's a few reasons why.

1) The Pro Slide Glove is now 75% leather increasing strength and durability especially in areas most prone to wear. I.E. Around thumbs and fingers. So leave the duck tape at home

2) The thickness of the center puck has been increased for longevity due to the fact that it takes the brunt of sliding.

3) Puck edges are now beveled which helps decrease the amount of friction when sliding.

4) The most important improvement of all, is the new material used for the pucks. It's a Self Lubricating, Super Tough, High Viscosity Acetal Homopolymer created by DuPont called Delrin

Delrin Qualities:

* Delrins light weight and self lubricating properties make it ideal for sliding. Because of these properties motorcycle riders/racers have also begun using it for their knee pucks.

* Delrin offers superior mechanical properties including high strength and rigidity over a broad temperature range, toughness and resistance to repeated impact.

* Delrin also has superior dimensional stability, long-term creep resistance, long-term fatigue resistance and excellent resistance to moisture, chemicals, and fuels.

* Delrin is also a low-wear low-friction, UV resistant, high stiffness, and toughened material.

* In a nutshell? It?s the ideal slide puck material.

Further to that. I think the Hop Shop needs a few more choices other than Hundred dollar gloves.
I think we need to clarify terms here. I am sure none of us here are chemists.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polyoxymethylene_plastic

Quote "Delrin is a lightweight, low-friction, and wear-resistant thermoplastic with good physical and processing properties and capable of operating in temperatures in excess of 90 degrees celsius (approximately 200 degrees fahrenheit). According to the material safety data sheet from DuPont, the material has a slight odor of formaldehyde.[1]

Mmmm morgue smell
well i was talkin about the replacement pucks... and when i say they are just resin of course they are not JUST resin but they feel like just peices of crap. the black delrin ones are the shit. the white replacements suck...
i had gravity gloves at one stage and i LOVE the pucks they came with they were the shit... but the white replacement ones were just crap man they wore away so damn quick it wasnt funny... i was so unimpressed with them i sent an email to the head guy at gravity telling him how shit they were and he was like yeh dude your not the first to say that and he sent me out a free set of the original pucks
Nath has a pair atm...should ask him

Good that u email'd Jacko...... thats the only way they will change :thumbsup: (if we had emoticons)
Incidently , i email'd them about their fingerless palm gloves ..... they were shit.........

My major concern with gloves is not the pucks but the stitchin in the gloves....that goes well before i grind the pucks down

Lead ...... 2 be really honest i always need gloves, my motion pair(which have circle palm pucks which are good but glove manufac is shithouse) i have left at Robbos in Syd. Ii couldnt tell you where several other pairs are.

I would seriously like to see smeone in Oz to do a pair. I would but........ well maybe its a case of knwing a plastic manuf. A mold would be shit easy .... velcro , once again i am not sure where to get to a manuf but i cant see ay prob .....and i guess gloves and glue are a dime a dozen.

Mmmmm nice thought.

Any input???
yeah we make our own 3 versions....fixed pucks and velcro's...

the fixed are full hand/thumb/fingers...the hand puck is actually two pieces....full leather glove and seriously intense build quality.

the other we make are velcro's....one being just palm and the other being palm and finger combos..

all our pucks are hand made and 15mm thick, and in two variants: UHMW-PE 4million particle (regular) and our super pucks at 7 million particles UHMW-PE...we can make 8 mill...but seriously, the cost becomes not worth it comparitively to the 7 mill....

some pics...the fixed gloves in those pics are getting close to 18months old and are/were still my gloves...i wear them every day and have been used frequently.
the velcro's were made today and i'm going to be testing them out tomorrow...kobie had our very first velcro set and he loves them.

if anyone was interested in specs/materials/etc....or interested in a price, just hit me up and i'll let you know...it would be a case of ordering them and then waiting for them...we are currently fixing ourselves up to be better equipped to produce more stuff very soon.....
Good to see that new pair come together. : )
Bet you're stoked - not having gloves on sucks, can't believe I skated for so long without them...
neither can i....the stuff it opens up is great AND its safer....nice.
i use some homemade gloves :) just bought some bicycle gloves, got some free corian tiles and slapped them on with velcro. works pretty well for me all for under $25
I would be keen for a set Ben...love to give them a test......

Ben said:
yeah we make our own 3 versions....fixed pucks and velcro's...

the fixed are full hand/thumb/fingers...the hand puck is actually two pieces....full leather glove and seriously intense build quality.

the other we make are velcro's....one being just palm and the other being palm and finger combos..

all our pucks are hand made and 15mm thick, and in two variants: UHMW-PE 4million particle (regular) and our super pucks at 7 million particles UHMW-PE...we can make 8 mill...but seriously, the cost becomes not worth it comparitively to the 7 mill....

some pics...the fixed gloves in those pics are getting close to 18months old and are/were still my gloves...i wear them every day and have been used frequently.
the velcro's were made today and i'm going to be testing them out tomorrow...kobie had our very first velcro set and he loves them.

if anyone was interested in specs/materials/etc....or interested in a price, just hit me up and i'll let you know...it would be a case of ordering them and then waiting for them...we are currently fixing ourselves up to be better equipped to produce more stuff very soon.....

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service