ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

What a gloves are you guys wearing?

Views: 126

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

loaded. they are sooo comfy. but i have to tape them up every 3 or so weeks to stop them shredding. especially the thumb. i love them tho.
I thought, they would be the ones to get, so have ordered a set from hopkin racing. I have some roughish roads where I live and the pro designed wristies are getting shredded, and gardening /riggers gloves dont last a w/e. Might be able to do some real sliding berts and so on when they arrive
melifont gloves.

reppin'....
i ahve the lush gloves. i think they are the old design.

rad gloves uber knuckle protection. but lacking in the puck dep. i hate square pucks. leigh what are the loaded pucks like?

dave
The Loaded pucks look like this:

Nice size, shape and bevelling, and they're quite cheap. Don't know how well they wear - Jacko will know; he really abuses gear :)
i wouldnt reccommend those loaded gloves with the grey cirular pucks on the palm. We were out sliding one day, and steve had a set, and the grey pucks were pretty much had it after just a few runs down the hill. Not to mention a puck came off mid slide and put his board down a drain, haha

i have some home made gloves, the gloves themselves i bought from bunnings, and used some sticky sided velcro to attach pucks cut from a cutting board. Works a treat!

and if you want some really good quality gloves, but some leather moto ones and attach pucks to it in the same way
I'm finding the pucs are wearing ok, I'm not full on sliding with them, however the rds in my area are not real smooth and i haven't had any issues with pucs coming off
yeah i'm with u fletch. i haven't had any problems with my loaded pucks.
I have got the 'Dani Deluxe s'. Pair of regular gardening gloves with some velcro and chopping board. The have lasted over 3 months and they're still going strong. I may have to replace the velcro soon for a grand total of $12 and occasionally have to re-tape the fingees but I reckon they're "da bomb"

Peace
Dani
maybe ill get on the bandsaw at work and make em round

dave
I just got myself a pair of the 2nd Gen loaded gloves (the ones with the green pucks). I haven't had a chance to try them out yet but I definitly have a good feeling about them.
the types of glove really differ from the type of sliding yoru doing.
I love the Loaded gloves for technical sliding like laying down a few spins and trick slides coz they have a nice puck that wears evenly and keeps your sliding through each spin fast and smooth, and they have alot of protection such as the wrist guard. also the fact that they have finger pucks and a thumb puck keeps your slides a lot smoother. However i wouldnt reccomend them for downhill because the material is alot thinner and will tear a lot easier, and when you have your hand down for a corner you have pressure on one part of the puck constantly and that will wear the puck out a little bit quicker.
If you want a thicker glove for tech sliding i would suggest the new lush gloves because they have really big palm and finger pucks made of good material and offer a little bit more protection, but once again they are a pretty beefy pair of gloves and can be a hassle getting them on and off like the loaded gloves...
The Landyachtz gloves (or similar, like TImeship Westslide) i would recommend more for free-riding and downhill because they have double layers of leather on the fingers and the pucks are really dense and wear out really slowly when putting them through abuse through corners. They work really well when your just corner drifting or racing, and also because they are not as chunky as the loaded gloves they are more handy for just riding around town on....
If you want propper racing goves then your best bet is to go for the Moto style gloves with the Knuckle protectors, Timeship Racing makes an awsome glove specially designed for racing: http://www.hopkin.com.au/timeship-racing-tracer-slide-gloves-c-271-...
they are made strong with lots of leather and carbon on the knuckles and fingers for protection and have removable pucks for the palms and fingers. They are strong as hell and wont shred in a gnarly crash, however these gloves are a bit more expensive so if your tight you can just buy a set of moto gloves and put pucks on yourself.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service