ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Anyone had a go on one of these?

I like the combination of features and feel it would make a great allrounder, carving and downhill.

Views: 296

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

haven't ridden one, ask jackson...

what i will say is that it is a cool idea and SHOULD feel pretty good as a speed capable commuter/carver/etc...i have a feeling it is kinda designed around someone who rides regular not mongo- seeing as the rake etc...could be speculation, but....
agreed, but i still reckon i'd buy a drop wedge, drop speed, spud or evo first (seeing as i have a DHR)....
I have never ridden a dropped board only a drop thru Kebbek hairpins, which I like, however the foot location of the drop boards appeals to me.

I find for the area I live I'm riding my PPS ditch killer cutaway the most, Holey's and 77mm speed vents
^^^
i'm very similar- but i have a love of lowered decks too...the lower the better if you ask me.
Interesting, I like the wide tail platform on my hairpins and the concave lips sits nicely onder your foot/toes on toe side turns. decks are such personal thing. I didnt actually like the look of the Hairpins when i 1st set it up, but it has grown on me. I also like my PPS ditch killer as it allows me to use the kick tail for heeldrag kicik turns, more like a surfing cutback thing.

Might have to play with some wedges for the front of the hairpins to get a turnier front end
Ok I bit the bullet and have one on the way down from Adrian at Creative. Giong with randal DH hangers in 42 deg bases, I
l'll be running 77mm speed vents or 76mm Coretechs.
why the 160mm hangars? just curious.
Was Adrian's suggestion, apparently stronger than the 180mm hangers.
i got one a few months back when i went to vancouver for Danger bay, and holy crap do i love this board...
before getting my new demonseed this was my favorite free-ride board (now equally as good as demonseed, mainly for standup slide purposes).
what i loved most about it was the combination of the extremely wedged front and the rear end being higher, because you get so much steer and have alot of control over drifts and slides with your back foot. when i slide the board i found it really smooth and loved to break loose, but then was easy to engage back into the road and 'steer back into position' when transferring your weight back to the other rail. i spoke to Blake from landy about it and when they brought it out he gave away two of them just because he loved it so much and he wanted other people to enjoy it just as much.
as for downhill when you set it up right it feels so nice on techincal courses. the amount of steer you get from the front makes cornering effortless and drifting a breeze but at the same time im not too game on taking it any faster than 60 or 70k's, mainly coz i have a really loose setup with Bear Grizzleys, which are extremely carvey... Adam yates set his up with 190mm smokies and he said he's cracked 90 or 100 on that thing and said it felt fine, and i would beleive that.
once again it always comes down to preference of deck shapes from rider to rider but all in all it doesnt take long to get used to this board, and will also teach you alot of board-control and is very easy to learn to standup slide on.
a definate addition to any quiver.

and thats my two cents
Thanks jacko, I'm looking forward to setting it up. the 60-70km you mention is my max and i still wanted something carvy.
I like my Hairpins, but i tend to move my feet forward and back, back foot especially looking forward to having the drops to push against and lock feet into position. I was not after an outright downhiller, that may be the next step.

it is a 1" or 2 longer in the wb than the HP so that should make it a little more stable
remember stability and the wobbs are all in your mind... your legs are your suspension, turn them into springs while you ride

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service