ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Awesome riding and videography in this clip from Loaded to plug their new wheels.

Tags: adam colton, loaded, longboarding, orangatang, wheels

Views: 127

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i know a lot of guys like loaded, but the fish ruined it for me. looks like a decent wheels, but in the speedboarding section did you get the feeling he was fighting the wheels for traction? maybe it was just me.

i think that was also supposed to be a teaser for the loaded speedboard.....the speed-ervish....

maybe i'm just cynical and a ba*tard.....hmm....
loaded can suck my set of grippins.
just my 2c.
I'm not so interested one way or the other in the products that are being advertised in the video - I'm just amazed by the great skating and cinematography. Those guys are ripping skaters and pretty handy cinematographers!
well as the vid says at the start "grip slide speed" you cant blame them when he would be fighting for traction while bookin' it through corners... you saw how easily they slid around while doing stand-up slides its amazing they grip that well through corners...
i dont think loaded are actually marketing for "speedboarding" products as their buyers wanna do the stuff that adam does, and you dont really see him doing much speed-boarding...
i rekon those wheels would be more free-ride-drifting style of riding, not particularly for racing on...
but still, the point remains: Adam Colton and Cowboy Louie are both nutters. Ive seen them do the most craziest sh*t on their dervishes, vanguards AND fishs (search for their video 'Frankenfish') its just unbelievable they can pull it off. and adam is just getting better and better. when i was riding with him about a month ago he was telling me he was working on 'no-handed-colemans' which is like a speed check but the board will slide way more than 90degrees and pull it back, with no hands.... and now he has done it.... just brilliant
hey jackson, thats fair enough mate, i am avidly against the loaded/colton zone that goes on....yes he's good, but c'mon....

chris dahl? how about the man himself mr. coleman? the faltown boys? no one groupies them...and yet....

as for the no hand colemans, kobie and myself have been working on pretty much the same thing...i've also been trying to get used to no hand drifting through hairpins, still in tuck....its very interesting- but i'm getting better....first couple of times i nearly died. hahahahaha
im jumping on the Dervish band wagon. people like them cause they are rad boards that respond and feel your moves. i waited years to find this board and i love it and now i want some of those wheels cause just like a 10 yr old...i wanta be just like them. best p.r. tool in the world....the interweb!
Dude in the McAdelaide crew has one of these boards and it is starting to split on the nose, along the trucks. I have heard of it happening to alot of people but apparently they are working on a new truck mounting setup to help prevent it. I dunno maybe this is the one. I have ridden them before and think they're alot of fun in car parks and cruising down some side streets. I dunno if I would go DH on once of them though, at any decent speed atleast.

Peace
Dani
PS. Your not wrong about the video work Bugs. It's pretty impressive. The truck, HOW CLOSE!
leadfoot said:
Has I'd like to see if one of you guys gets a set, what you really think. Are they the equal of BZs???

some of the big reputable names on the fish have said great things about them. i and many initially thought that the wheels would get heaps of hype just because they are made by loaded, but apparently the hype is real. everyone loves their rebound and grip and many have said they prefer them too BZ's. So i'm guessing they have all the same characteristics, just more intense. I'd assume sliding would be more difficult on them though, unless of course your adam colton.
i still need some grippy DH wheels, so these will be the ones i think. plus i love the colour of em.
i'll wait for the new gravity drift/cruise wheel...looks good.
leigh, check out ew76's and the seismic black ops wheels too, kobie loves his superballs, i can see why too.
yeah i tried the EWs out a few weeks ago on Matty's Drop Wedge. i loved them and considered them but thought i may aswell get the orangatangs since i am yet to try them. : )
i didnt notice hopkin had these before i ordered the speed vents otherwise i would have gotten a set. oh well, might grab some once i have some more cash!!!
i'm going to do a bit of asking about bustin's new wheel....if it mean i don't give money to loaded, that could be a way of testing that wheel out....and that, no one else has the bustin's....

by the by- does anyone know where you can still get hawaii K's or the 70mm classics? curious.
ps. old 'thane, none of this grippier new thane!

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service