ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

i know they are out there...lurking....lets see them/hear about them/etc...will get pics asap...
my current quiver:
-Landy DH-R, RII-180's with white JimZ, Bones Reds, 76mm 78a Flywheels.
-Melifont CF Drop Monk, 50*/35*-180 RII hangars, Reds, 75a Flashbacks
-Melifont 59GT, GK thunderbirds, Krypto route 70's, Reds.
-Melifont Ghetto slalom, Bennett front, Rts(from memory.)rear, 75a Grippins, Reds.
-Surf One iron cross, RII 180's, 75a Flashbacks, Reds
-Earthwing 38 Drifter, Tracker Dart 169's, slide A's, unknown bearings.
not complete:
blank shortboard
schlongboard
wallstreet kicktail
coming soon/buying/wanting:

as i said, lets see them- hear about them, tell me what your thinking of buying and what your dream setup's would be....lets get a forum going!
C2 scriber trucks
Insect firefly
42* randal base plates and 200mm randal hangars.
EW superballs.

Views: 4105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Some bastard put scratches on Buttons!! Who was that?? I have nearly finished my sky hooker Leady, will post my quiver when it is done.
leady thats a nice quiver! just need a slide board and a butt board/luge.

how do you find the JimZ? i have been thinking of getting one...i've heard a few say that they are very drifty and other say they are the perfect speedboard....thoughts?
Although I've ridden longboards for a few years, I've only just got my first ever serious speed board. And other than a few runs down my street 10 minutes ago (probably hit about 35 km/h), tomorrow it's going to be properly christened on a big hill south of Sydney.

Kinda experimental setup on this; Kebbek Flushcut, Tracker Fastrack on the front, Randal 180 on the back (35 deg baseplate), Lemon & Lime Big Zigs (pinched from my slalom board).

I bought the Flushcut second-hand off Ash, and it was cut for Randal Downhill baseplates, but Dave kindly got rid of the excess wood so that it'll now fit pretty much anything.

The quick ride I had this afternoon was promising - it's pretty carvy unless you lock the bushings right down.
Here's a new addition - the Hopkin Racing Model, made by Pavel. Foamcore slalom deck, 19/20" wheelbase, with kicktail and heaps of concave

(Click 'em for the full-size pics)

A bit dirty, should've cleaned it first:

Slightly rough grip-tape job - that hardcore griptape doesn't like to be cut:

thinking about getting the new kebbek flushcut, anyone have one? what do you think? any good?
The Kebbek was a bit turny and carvy, no matter how tight I cranked the bushings. For bushings I had a green Rad and black JimZ in the back, but the Jimz really only fits properly on one side of the Randal hanger, and I stupidly had it on the wrong side, so it wasn't seated properly. I might also try and get my hands on some stiffer Fastrack bushings for the front.

I might also try flipping the hangers.

The Hopkin Pavel...I'll probably put a Bennett on the front and Splitfire on the back, unless I can get my hands on something else.
Yeah, I can't imagine the Randals working as a front truck for slalom - they're too slow-turning...what I mean is that you have to lean them over a lot before they start turning. In other words - too stable! I like a twitchy, nervous front truck for slalom, something that you only have to think about turning and it does it.

It's one of those things - once you get used to that nervousness you find that you can ride them at good speed and you start to rely on their responsiveness. The Randal 125 might work well at a Super GS where you need stability but not quick-turning.
I've ridden Scribers - they were fun, but they're so wide that they don't have that quick reaction you need for slalom - you have to shift your body-weight too far from one side to the other to transition from one turn to the other.

Ha, an RTX wedged 15 - 20 deg or a Bennett wedged 5 - 10 deg - either'll work as a nice and responsive front slalom truck. Just keep riding it till it feels normal!
my super awesome setup:
42" phase 1 pintail (aka the cheapest deck i could find) with ghetto custom hacksaw-ed out wheel holes (they sure as hell dont qualify as arches)
generic 150mm trucks (aka the cheapest trucks i could find)
70mm 75a blue sector 9 wheels (aka the only wheels i could find in adelaide after the el-genericos i had exploded mid-turn in a carpark)
red bones

my non bowl boards.
PPS ditch killer, indy 169's Abec 11 70mm flashbacks
Homade cutdown longy slalom deck, indy 109, Airflow, 70mm zigzags 83a&80a
Kebbek Hairpins, Holeys, 77mm 79a Speedvents
come on new guys where are the pics....lots of new lurkers mean lots of new gear!!!

my photo's will be going up friday when i get my new evo...only then will i be ready to photograph

ps: steve and scrib, we need a crew quiver shot too....that'd be ill now...the three of us and hamo...thats...nearly 30 boards if my math is even 1% good.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service