ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

Sort of a mirror of the one on the fish, but hey...

Still a few holes and things I'm not 100% certain of.
I want one of each...

Views: 65

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Awesome chart.

While, we are on the subject of trucks.

Which way should the smokey hangers go. One side has more area machined out than the other.

I am currently running the machined out area on top(away from the base plate) with JimZ bushings, I find the truck turnier this way.
I would run it so that the hanger is trying to drive the spherical onto the bottom bushing. Rather than the hanger trying to drive itself off the spherical, and relying on the bushing to keep it in place.

so machined out side facing baseplate.
Makes sense that.

Just seem to turn better the other way. I hadn't even considered that.
the more machined side is ment to face the hanger, just as SteveC said its so the spherical is forced towards the hanger and not the other way round...
Do they all seem to have a distinct stop point? I'll swap mine back to the correct possy tonight
shericals definately restrict the potential hanger lean.
What happens at the extreme is the outer part of the bearing hits the kingpin.

But it's more complex than that, the further from the center the bushings are
the further they have to compress inwards to reach the same hanger angle.
You do get to design the seat differently though, as you're not relying on the bushing to keep the hanger centered. So you can let it push sideways more than would normally be a good idea.
Hey thats amazing!!!
This chart is very helpful. As even I do skateboard..
One can go for various skateboard accessories at Detroit City Skateboards the online store with wide selection of skateboard brands like, decks, trucks, wheels, bearings, shoes, griptape, hardware, clothing, kid’s shoes, DVD’s, Protective Gear, Snow Skates, Grind Rails, Crimson Skateboard Decks, Flip Skateboard Decks, City Skateboard Decks, Gold Skateboard Wheels, Diamond Skateboard bearings, Lucky Skateboard bearings, Grip Gum, black griptape.
asra's first bot methinks?
and so it begins...
Back to the smokies turn stop issue, went for a roll last night and still found the front truck had a distinct stop point.

I pulled the kingpin and bushes out and checked the bearing and all was moving freely, then I noticed a small washer on the underside of the top Jimz bush. it seem this was fouling on the bearing and limiting its movement, when removed truck moved freely, now running this washer on top of the bushing under the large bushing washer and I have full movement in the truck
ah. well spotted.
Am stoked as The one truck didnt do it so I knew it had to be something. I now have two awesome turning stable trucks.

May have to pop in some risers as corners of platform look like they gonna scrap the bitumen

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service