ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

i Like the idea of more clearance so i can run 70mm wheels without doing kingpin grinds....has anyone rode these?what do u think or kno?and are they available in oz and how much will u sell me a set for? desperate for more clearance...than old smokies!

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I think fendy in melbourne got a set.
They'd have a similar feel to wider randals in theory. I actually prefer that style front truck opposed to the offset style.
Funny how its called offset when it's actually in-line with kingpin??
I agree with the whole kingpin problem. Wouldn't hurt to lift the centre height of the axles to bury the bushes down lower.
My smokies clip catseyes without fail everytime, even with the nut in the baseplate.
I hear they have the full range of baseplate angles too. Haven't seen any pics yet though. I wonder do they maintain the same ride height with each different angle.
Watching high speed bitumen grind the other day from close range was not an experience I would wish on anybody. I assume it felt as gnar as it looked. If you grab at the mega long on wednesday its gonna be a long arse slide
yeap, fendy has them, and I haven't seen him clip any cateyes and getting thrown off nor does he seem to worry about it so I think there's sufficient clearance with the new smokies. Don't think he's selling them though. I'm sure he'll give you a more detailed description of them soon.
Fitz, i remember reading somewhere that they were producing from 25-50 in 5 degree increments.

Ok, i just checked landy, first off, they've completely changed the layout of the site, secondly
They make
and 55 degree baseplates
Surely Ado has some
i thought mega long was way smoother than kiera,have gotten away with a few grinds on sunken bitumen cracks lately but my time is comin,..,can the hop shop get these robbo?if so find out a price for me..cheers

Robbo said:
Watching high speed bitumen grind the other day from close range was not an experience I would wish on anybody. I assume it felt as gnar as it looked. If you grab at the mega long on wednesday its gonna be a long arse slide
I'll check tomoz
Yup, I realise, just haven't seen pics yet.

Dale said:
Fitz, i remember reading somewhere that they were producing from 25-50 in 5 degree increments.
nah he doesnt yet but he said hes gettin some 55's in

Robbo said:
I'll check tomoz
I have these smokies set up on my evo with 40 degree plates and the back kingpin is still riding pretty low to the ground. I have never ridden the old smokies but i'm sure there's an improvement in the kingpin height. I'm not sure how I did it but my back kingpin is showing signs of some serious grinding.
I have actually been thrown off my board by these trucks. I was riding at night in unfamiliar territory and a rock got jammed in the side of the hanger that is lowest to the ground. These trucks aren't that tough. They get chipped pretty easily. Cat's eyes have not been a problem for me so far and i've ridden over a few. There is a pretty good clearance height for my front trucks.
I'll be getting a set of either 50 or 55 degree plates soon.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service