ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

As I write there are 899 members of this website. 

Who's willing to estimate a date for the 1,000th member to join? I'm guessing March 16.

Should there be a party? It seems like a milestone.

Tags: meta

Views: 92

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We have been trying to find a way to differentiate paid members but the site code does not lend well to this. We can do rep ratings but they are done like star ratings by other users so this is not real desirable. It is something I am working on. I have looked at doing a publicly available member list but I still have some privacy issues that we would have to overcome
yea but back to it about the party. yea i reckon we skate through sydney like the bikies do. hahah jks. but it will be good, can we have lollies & coke (i'm underage) hahah or it be bourbon and coke. hahah... good luck aussies
If you want to sell something via ASRA site you should contribute.
I reckon that only paid up members should get to place new adds in Marketplace.
I say March 19th for 1000 members. That is the birthday of the Sydney Harbour Bridge, if it happens we should bomb the expressway from Neutral Bay on to the bridge. (that's a joke kids, dont do it ... unless you got a Toll Tag on your deck)
you got me ! just paid up.The insurance thing is a great idea.I busted my leg 100m down hiil from home before xmas and still not skating or walking for that matter.no insurance no income prob 3months at least .the missus has laid down the law.from now on no insurance no bombing. it was quite remiss of me not to have insurance in the first place.any sugestions on insurrers would be appreciated. good work .... nige
@Merrick - does that mean you're not a financial member already?
cos you were racing at MOTH and that was a members only event!!!! hmm, something doesn't add up here...........

Merrick Wildash said:
Im not complaining. I think its rad. I was just wondering if i was missing something. turn out i was.
10% of at Hopshop, thats rad.

The hours you guys put into running this website, is epic. I take my helmet off to you :)

Robbo said:
You get to compete is ASRA events
You get 10% off at the Hopshop
You get a warm fuzzy feeling
Your $30 allows others to put in 1000s of dollars of their time and feel like people give a dam

ASRA is run by skaters for skaters and the cost of running the association is born by only a few so don't think what you get from ASRA for your very small contribution of $30 think what else you may be able to do to contribute to ASRA and contribute to the greater scene. Maybe next time there is an event on don't compete just help out instead. We have a lot of friends that put in there professional time for no pay to help us do things and they feel honored to do so.

The alternative Merrick is we get sick of doing it, we shutdown the website, stop the events and you go back to skating with your next-door neighbor.

Merrick Wildash said:
Whats the benefit for being a paid up member?
I havn't noticed any difference lol. Robbo said:
about 110 full association members
great detective work!
I have Income protection /Insurance through MLC, check their website - mlc.com.au
...this is separate to Health Insurance

nige said:
...any sugestions on insurrers would be appreciated. good work .... nige
thanks for that. i'll check them out.

Brad B said:
I have Income protection /Insurance through MLC, check their website - mlc.com.au
...this is separate to Health Insurance

nige said:
...any sugestions on insurrers would be appreciated. good work .... nige
lol. Nice one mate, spread the word on becoming a financial member
Lucky I didn't quit my job to become a professional detective. I got a humble pie in the oven - I'll just go cut myself a biiiiig piece :)

Merrick Wildash said:
Im a paid member. I paid the same day i rego'd for moth, Your not a very good detective lol

the Demon said:
@Merrick - does that mean you're not a financial member already?
cos you were racing at MOTH and that was a members only event!!!! hmm, something doesn't add up here...........

Merrick Wildash said:
Im not complaining. I think its rad. I was just wondering if i was missing something. turn out i was.
10% of at Hopshop, thats rad.

The hours you guys put into running this website, is epic. I take my helmet off to you :)

Robbo said:
You get to compete is ASRA events
You get 10% off at the Hopshop
You get a warm fuzzy feeling
Your $30 allows others to put in 1000s of dollars of their time and feel like people give a dam

ASRA is run by skaters for skaters and the cost of running the association is born by only a few so don't think what you get from ASRA for your very small contribution of $30 think what else you may be able to do to contribute to ASRA and contribute to the greater scene. Maybe next time there is an event on don't compete just help out instead. We have a lot of friends that put in there professional time for no pay to help us do things and they feel honored to do so.

The alternative Merrick is we get sick of doing it, we shutdown the website, stop the events and you go back to skating with your next-door neighbor.

Merrick Wildash said:
Whats the benefit for being a paid up member?
I havn't noticed any difference lol. Robbo said:
about 110 full association members
HEY BUGS, you should update this every 10 or so days. just to keep up with the numbers.
4 to go wow isaac you said 5th april.. you were pretty damn close. unless no one signs up for a while...

what are we going to do bugs :)

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service