ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

I picked up longboarding properly 2 and a half months ago and have been honing my skills at Linden Avenue with multiple sessions there, been to a helluva lot of parkades in and around town with some mates and things like that and was wondering are there any places that are really good for gaining skills and generally getting better at longboarding nearby?
Much appreciated.

nedd0

Views: 49

Replies to This Discussion

Carparks are your mecha dude! providing security doesnt get in the way! 85% of what I know and the way I ride comesfrom carparks. Cornering, speed tucks, crouching, sliding and just general confidence when it comes to riding the board and most importantly FALLING OFF the board. Combined with place like Linden Av you have the perfect launching pad. Hallet Cove was great for me to, there are some great runs up there in particuliar the hill that enters the suburb. It is much faster than Linden, straight and steep as fuck!

Skate everywhere man, shops, school, city, friends houses and to your skating sites to if they are close enough. The more time you spend on the board the more compfortable you will be and the stronger your legs become.

Peace
Dani
Cheers Mate.
I had planned many many parkade seshs for the upcoming school holidays...
Thanks for that...
yep, dani pretty much nailed it there. it doesn't matter where you ride, just ride as much as you can and you'll build up plenty of much needed skills. last year when i was studying full time, i longboarded in and out of the city 4 times a week. if i hadn't have done that my skills wouldn't be where they're at today.
Carparking is a godsend for learning cornering, so do as much of that as you can. And like dani said, linden is a great spot for learning too. i actually can't think of any other specific spots i rode in the early stages of my longboarding. just made the most of the suitable roads available at the time.
long distance cruises are always great for learning. we did one once starting from hazlewood park to the entertainment centre and that was a great experience. especially riding along the the torrens river. so organise a few of those with your mates on a Sunday. its great fun, great exercise and you learn quite a lot.
Cheers leigh.. good idea...

leighgriffiths said:
yep, dani pretty much nailed it there. it doesn't matter where you ride, just ride as much as you can and you'll build up plenty of much needed skills. last year when i was studying full time, i longboarded in and out of the city 4 times a week. if i hadn't have done that my skills wouldn't be where they're at today.
Carparking is a godsend for learning cornering, so do as much of that as you can. And like dani said, linden is a great spot for learning too. i actually can't think of any other specific spots i rode in the early stages of my longboarding. just made the most of the suitable roads available at the time.
long distance cruises are always great for learning. we did one once starting from hazlewood park to the entertainment centre and that was a great experience. especially riding along the the torrens river. so organise a few of those with your mates on a Sunday. its great fun, great exercise and you learn quite a lot.

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service