ASRA - Australian Skateboard Racing Association

World Cup for Wollongong for 2011 ? Has IGSA jumped the start ?

The worst kept secret of Aus downhill is out of the bag

Views: 1101

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey Matti, it's a good question you've asked, and unfortunately the answer is that it didn't come together in time for November 2011. But we're on target to do it in April 2012, which would make for a helluva double-header with Newtons.

Of course nothing official yet with Wollongong 2012 - it's still making it's way through the official channels. Newtons 2012 is locked in though.

Still, it would be smart to save up your pocket money, your annual leave, your skate points, your favours, and everything that could possibly allow you to have the best fortnight in Australian skateboard racing history.

So the Keira challenge is like 20 days before beat the bastard?

shit yeah, gnar skate comning in hot next year! get ya shit on boys!

As Bugs stated above, we couldn't all the ducks lined up in time to do Keira this November.  The event is now scheduled for 20-22 April 2012, the weekend before Newtons.  Our proposal is still making its way through the official channels of Wollongong Council and it will still take some time before we know for sure whether the race will go ahead or not.  So keep your fingers crossed, it will be a fun few weeks that's for sure...

There is an untold story of patience and dedication lurking in Bug's post!

with both Keirra AND newtons in the one slot who would care much about BTB 20 days later?

Connor Ferguson said:

Me

then start saving them dollars champ!

Well, we'd be hoping that a few of the internationals that have been tonguing to ride the hill since Martin was here a couple of years ago and went away with a huge grin on his face would come, as well as all those guys who spend a shyteload of cash to go to a race and only get 5 or 6 runs as they are not in the top 32 riders but enjoy riding good hills as many times as their bodies will allow. There was a potential 65 runs at BtB this year and hopefully next year we'll make it more.

BtB is more about fun and stoke than pressure and competition. Those who were here this year will tell you what a great weekend it was, but I guess we'll have to see what sort of response we get to rego. If it is too low we'll have to make the call on if we go ahead or not, but we are already in the planning stages, the road closure has been guaranteed so we are already ahead of the pack (;-)>

Cheers

Ado

Jacko said:

with both Keirra AND newtons in the one slot who would care much about BTB 20 days later?

Connor Ferguson said:

is keira still just going to be the middle section? i would love to have the top section in the race as well, that extra length and speed would make for much better raceing...

Ado - I know I'll be at BTB - it will be a much needed chance for some RnR after what will likely be a few very hectic weeks in the ASRA camp ;-)  With the growth of the sport going like it is I don't think you'll have any trouble filling rego.

Matti - the race will be from the intersection of Mt Keira Rd and Queen Elizabeth Drive to the flat section where we usually stop.  It's easier to pull this off if there is still access to the Mountain Top Cafe.  The first corner might be a bit slower than it otherwise would be but other than this I reckon there will be little difference on the speed.

true haggy,be doing the same speed if not faster by the mid section,..there are lines on that hill that have never been taken,i cant wait to ride them,...cant wait for both these events and all the other hectic skating that will be going down,..btb included

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Search

© 2024   Created by Bugs.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service